Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
zOS Communications Server Part 2 - Implementing TCP/IP under z/OS
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis new, four-day course is the second part of the definitive z/OS Communications Server training program. This course explains in detail how TCP/IP works in a z/OS environment. Installation, profile definition and implementation are all taught in depth. All versions of TCP/IP for z/OS are covered, along with all the servers. Additionally, all the essential and important configuration options are explained and examples are provided. Extensive hands-on practical sessions, in which each student has their own system to work on, form the central part of the course. These sessions make up approximately 30% of the whole course. Each segment of the course also contains extensive review questions/exercises - thus ensuring that all students fully grasp each topic before moving on to the next.
- Describe the structure, operation and the addressing mechanisms used in a TCP/IP network
- List the major configuration steps involved in customizing TCP/IP for z/OS and explain the Security Server customization required in z/OS
- Explain the purpose and use of Virtual IP addressing (VIPA) and explain how to code for both a static and dynamic VIPA configuration
- Explain the purpose and use of Distributed VIPAs and the need for Sysplex Distributor
- Describe and define devices to TCP/IP for z/OS and explain how to define the TCP/IP for z/OS host IP address(es)
- Describe and define the purpose and customization of the DATA dataset and RESOLVER • Define the host name, domain name and DNS information
- Describe and define the HOSTS file and the SERVICES dataset
- Explain the configuration of the TN3270 server and the SNA gateway and explain the VTAM configuration required to support the gateway
- Implement a VTAM USS table for TN3270 users
- Describe and define the Telenet servers, INETD and SSHD
- Describe and define the operation and customization of the FTP server and its major security features
- Explain the differences between SFTP and FTPS
- Explain and define the operation and customization of the CSSMTP server and OMPROUTE server
- Describe the purpose and use of the major TCPIP, TSO and USS commands
- Explain how to start, stop and interpret a TCP/IP packet trace and a component trace using IPCS and WireShark
- Explain and define the purpose of the Enterprise Extender
- Explain how the security product Policy Agent is used and why it is needed
- Explain and define the structures required in a Parallel Sysplex for TCP/IP High Availability.
Attendance on the courses TCP/IP Fundamentals and z/OS Communications Server Part 1 - Implementing APPN and VTAM or equivalent experience. A familiarity with UNIX on z/OS is also required and some z/OS systems programming experience is needed.
- TCP/IP Review
- An Overview of TCP/IP on z/OS
- TCP/IP for z/OS Installation
- TCP/IP for z/OS - Command Overview
- Basic Profile Definitions
- VIPAs and Sysplex
- Other Datasets Needed
- Server Customization
- TCP/IP Security
- Problem Determination Considerations
- Sample Definitions
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page