Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Developing Rule Solutions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.10.5
This course introduces developers to IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.10.5. It teaches you how to design, develop, and integrate a business rule solution with Operational Decision Manager.
The course begins with an overview of Operational Decision Manager, which is composed of two main environments: Decision Server for technical users and Decision Center for business users. The course outlines the collaboration between development and business teams during project development.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of Decision Server Rules, which is the primary working environment for developers. You learn how to support your business users by setting up the rule authoring environment and object models that are required to execute rule artifacts. You also work with rule authoring so that you can support business users to set up and customize the rule authoring and validation environments. You learn how to manage ruleset deployment and execution, and work extensively with Rule Execution Server. And, you learn how Operational Decision Manager features support decision governance so that it can be implemented in your organization.
The lab environment for this course uses Windows Server 2016 Standard.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of implementing a decision management solution with Operational Decision Manager
- Identify the key user roles that are involved in designing and developing a decision management solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Describe the development process of building a business rule application and the collaboration between business and development teams
- Set up and customize the Business Object Model (BOM) and vocabulary for rule authoring
- Implement the Execution Object Model (XOM) that enables ruleset execution
- Orchestrate rule execution through ruleflows
- Author rule artifacts to implement business policies
- Debug business rule applications to ensure that the implemented business logic is error-free
- Set up and customize testing and simulation for business users
- Package and deploy decision services to test and production environments
- Integrate decision services for managed execution within an enterprise environment
- Monitor and audit execution of decision services
- Apply governance principles to decision management
This course is designed for developers.
- Experience with the Java programming language and object-oriented concepts
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Basic knowledge of the REST API and RESTful architecture
Before taking this course, you should have:
Unit 1: Introducing IBM Operational Decision Manager
Unit 2: Developing decision services
Unit 3: Modeling decisions
Unit 4: Programming with business rules
Unit 5: Developing object models
Unit 6: Orchestrating ruleset execution
Unit 7: Authoring rules
Unit 8: Customizing rule vocabulary with categories and domains
Unit 9: Working with queries
Unit 10: Debugging rulesets
Unit 11: Enabling tests and simulations
Unit 12: Managing deployment
Unit 13: Executing rules with Rule Execution Server
Unit 14: Working with transparent decision services
Unit 15: Auditing and monitoring ruleset execution
Unit 16: Introducing decision governance
Unit 17: Course summary
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Operational Decision Manager Badge Program →
- Duration: 32 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,260.00 USD
- Duration: 40 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 4,075.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page