Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Developing Cloud Native Applications with IBM Liberty
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Liberty is a lightweight Javaâ„¢ runtime that is built by using modular features. It is available as both open source and commercial offerings.
In this course, you learn how to use Liberty, Jakarta EE, and MicroProfile to build a RESTful microservice application. MicroProfile is an open-source specification that defines new standards and APIs to accelerate and simplify the creation of microservices. You also explore other features of Liberty and developing microservices applications.
In the hands-on exercises, you build a microservice application, containerize it, and then deploy it on Kubernetes.
- Describe Liberty architecture
- Build a microservice application with Liberty and REST
- Use OpenAPI to document APIs
- Use Jakarta Persistence API (JPA) to persist data
- Secure and test a RESTful API
- Use MicroProfile to add health checks and monitoring capabilities to an application
- Build and test an application in a container
- Deploy a microservice application to Kubernetes
The primary audience for this course is the Application Developer.
- Experience using the Java programming language
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Unit 1. IBM Liberty overview
- Unit 2. Introduction to Microservices, REST and MicroProfile
- Unit 3. Working with persistent data
- Unit 4. Securing RESTful APIs
- Unit 5. MicroProfile health checks and monitoring
- Unit 6. Working with containers
- Unit 7. Working with Kubernetes
- Exercise 1. Build an application with Liberty
- Exercise 2. Document APIs with OpenAPI
- Exercise 3. Configure the microservice
- Exercise 4. Persist system data by using the Jakarta Persistence API (JPA)
- Exercise 5. Secure and test RESTful APIs
- Exercise 6. Write a RESTful client interface
- Exercise 7. Add health checks and metrics to an application
- Exercise 8. Build and test an application in a container
- Exercise 9. Deploy a microservice to Kubernetes
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 365 DAYS TO ACCESS THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
Upon receipt of the Order Confirmation Letter which includes your Enrollment Key (Access code); the course begins its twelve (12) month access period. IMPORTANT!!! If your course provides access to a hands-on lab (Virtual Lab Environment), you will have a specific number of days (typically 30 days) on the remote lab platform to complete your hands-on labs. Do not start your lab until you are ready to use your lab time effectively. Time allotted in the virtual lab environment will be indicated once you apply the enrollment key. The self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system. Note: This does not add additional days to your Lab Environment time frame.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page