Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewDiversity is recognizing our individual differences. Differences can be age, gender, race, place of origin, color, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, religious beliefs, marital status, family status and culture.
Differences can also be in our values, talents, work experience, language and communication skills.
Diversity is about respecting, understanding, valuing and leveraging our differences in ideas, perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, skills, experiences and needs to create and maximize opportunities and potentials for individual, community and business growth. (Veenstra,201 1)
Diversity and inclusion are complex issues and intersectionality helps us understand that “social issues cannot be explored in isolation, as different identities such as race, gender, age, etc., intersect each person’s life and produce different privilege or oppression.”
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- In this session, we will learn what diversity, equity, and inclusion mean to the participants, what an inclusive workspace is and what a diverse workplace should look like.
- In this session, we will look at the impact of inequities in the communities that we work and live in.
- In this session, participants will watch a video that looks at race and criminal justice, discrimination in retail and public community spaces, and the impact of the misrepresentation of Black people in the media.
- Next, we will look at the pre-assignment and discover how diverse or homogenous the participating group and members of their workspaces are.
- In this session, participants will participate in the Privilege Walk, which illustrates how people are privileged or marginalized within society.
- Next, participants will learn about neurodiverse co-workers. In this session, we will look at ways to support individuals and provide ways to support them in being successful in their workspace.
- In the final session, participants will work together to develop strategies that will support, help develop, or elevate current diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and procedures in the workplace. Then, they will work independently to look inside themselves, and their workspace, and think of what they will do differently.
- At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page