Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence of virtualization, the IBM Storwize V7000 to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. The focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. It also explains how to:
• Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools using internal storage and SAN attached external heterogeneous storage.
• Improve storage utilization effectiveness using Thin Provisioning and Real-Time Compression
• Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) or flash systems usage with Easy Tier.
• Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualization to the virtualized environment.
• Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirements.
• This course lecture offering is at the Storwize V7000 V7.6. level.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Outline the benefits of implementing an Storwize V7000 storage virtualization solution.
• Differentiate between the Storwize V7000 2076-524 control enclosure and the 2076-312/324 expansion enclosure models.
• Outline the physical and logical requirements to integrate the Storwize V7000 system solution.
• Implement the Storwize V7000 GUI and CLI system setup to configure the V7000 systems.
• Summarize the symmetric virtualization process to convert physical storage into virtual storage resources.
• Implement volume allocations and map volumes to SAN attached host systems.
• Summarize the advanced system management strategies to maintain storage efficiency, enhance storage performance and reliability.
• Employ data migration strategies to the virtualized Storwize V7000 system environment.
• Implement Copy Services strategies to managed Storwize V7000 system environment remotely
• Employ administration operations to maintain system ability.
This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71G)
- Have a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems, disk storage systems, and I/O operations.
You should have completed:
or equivalent knowledge
Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Storwize V7000
Unit 2: Storwize V7000 hardware architecture
Unit 3: Storwize V7000 planning and zoning requirements
Unit 4: Storwize V7000 system initialization and user authentication
Unit 5: Storwize V7000 storage provisioning
Exercise 1: Storwize V7000 system initialization
Exercise 2: Storwize V7000 system configuration
Exercise 3: Configure user authentication
Exercise 4: Provision internal storage
Exercise 5: Examine external storage resources
Unit 6: Storwize V7000 host and volume allocation
Unit 7: Spectrum Virtualize advanced features
Exercise 6: Managing external storage resources
Exercise 7: Host definitions and volume allocations
Exercise 8: Access storage from Windows and AIX
Exercise 9: Hybrid pools and Easy Tier
Exercise10: Access Storwize V7000 through iSCSI host
Unit 8: Spectrum Virtualize data migration
Unit 9: Spectrum Virtualize Copy Services: FlashCopy
Unit 10: Spectrum Virtualize Copy Services: Remote Copy
Exercise 11: Volume dependencies and tier migration
Exercise 12: Reconfigure internal storage: RAID options
Exercise 13: Thin provisioning and volume mirroring
Exercise 14: Migrate existing data: Import Wizard
Unit 11: Storwize V7000 administration management
Exercise 15: Copy Services: FlashCopy and consistency groups
Exercise 16: User roles and access
Exercise 17: Migrate existing data: Migration Wizard
Exercise 18: Easy Tier and STAT analysis
Class review and evaluation
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM PureData Systems Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page