Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
This course prepares you to implement and manage DFSMShsm (DFSMS hierarchical storage manager). You will learn how to automate the storage management tasks, which optimize DASD space utilization and provide data availability. You will be taught basic DFSMShsm terminology and concepts, and you will examine the functions and interfaces used to tailor DFSMShsm processing to meet your installation's storage management requirements.
Hands-on lab exercises enable you to perform a step-by-step implementation.
- Understand the relationship between DFSMShsm and DFSMS and get an overview of the functions of DFSMShsm and its operating environment.
- Understand the DFSMShsm activities for Primary and Secondary Space Management and setup the required configuration for automatic space management.
- Authorize special users for DFSMShsm commands and perform space management functions using authorized DFSMShsm commands.
- Understand the DFSMShsm activities for Availability Management and setup the required configuration for automatic availability management.
- Implement the Automatic Backup and Recovery Support (ABARS), and perform data set and volume management using authorized DFSMShsm commands.
- Understand DFSMShsm processing in large systems.
- Understand recovery using ABARS, recovery from data set or volume loss, recovery of control data sets and journals.
- Use the AUDIT command to detect and fix discrepancies and the LIST, QUERY and FIXCDS commands to correct error situations.
- Manage and monitor DFSMShsm using log data sets and statistical information as well as manage DFSMShsm tapes.
This is an intermediate course for storage administrators who are new to using DFSMShsm.
- An Introduction to Data Storage Subsystems (Classroom) (SS050)
- Storage Management Fundamentals (Classroom) (SS060)
- Storage Management Fundamentals (Instructor-led Online) (SK060)
You should be familiar with the basic concepts of data storage systems and with storage management activities. This knowledge can be acquired by taking the following two courses:
Equivalent experience may be substituted for these courses.
- Welcome and introduction
- Unit 1: Overview DFSMShsm functions and environment
- Exercise 1: ISMF introduction
- Exercise 1: Review
- Unit 2: Space management
- Exercise 2: Preparing DFSMShsm for space management
- Unit 3: Command space management
- Exercise 3: Command space management
- Exercise 3: Review
- Unit 4: Availability management
- Exercise 4: Preparing DFSMShsm for availability management
- Unit 5: Command availability management
- Exercise 5: Command availability management
- Exercise 5: Review
- Unit 6: DFSMShsm in large systems
- Unit 7: Recovery
- Exercise 6: Recovery
- Unit 8: DFSMShsm forward recovery
- Exercise 7: Forward recovery
- Exercise 7: Review
- Unit 9: Managing and monitoring DFSMShsm
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Tivoli Badge Program →
- Duration: 32 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,180.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page