Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators Video Classroom
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Prepare yourself for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 by learning about changes to the operating system
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354) introduces you to updates in the upcoming Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® release. Intended for experienced Linux system administrators, this course offers a rapid orientation to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 based on the pre-release beta. The offering prepares operators, managers, principal system administrators, and other IT professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for deployments and migrations to the new release.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using the new packaging, modularity, and appstream features.
- Upgrade from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using new tools.
- Perform integrated file system and volume management using Stratis.
- Use Cockpit for system management.
- Create system images with Composer.
- Configure Identity Management using authselect.
- Understand the Wayland graphical display server.
- Deploy containers using the new integrated OCI runtime and tools.
- Configure firewall rules that use the new NFT back end.
This course is designed to provide a preview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 to experienced IT professionals, including:
- Linux system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Cloud administrators
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent knowledge of and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Preview Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Describe the major improvements and feature enhancements in the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 release.
- Install and upgrade to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 or upgrade an existing system from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Provision and manage servers
- Prepare standardized systems by generating system images for deployment, managing them with remote web-based administration, and automating provisioning with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles for Red Hat® Ansible Engine.
- Adapt to core system changes
- Manage core system components that have had significant changes in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Implement storage using new features
- Explore the major enhancements in local and remote file system and volume management components.
- Manage containers with the new runtime
- Explain the new container runtime engine and tools that replace the Docker container engine.
- Implement enhanced networking features
- Describe the major enhancements in network packet processing and network device management.
- Adapt to virtualization improvements
- Learn to implement the new features and management tools for virtualization management.
- Duration: 5 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,800.00 USD
- Duration: 90 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 3,230.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page