Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Software Testing Techniques for Developers
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis course is designed to introduce the audience to software life cycle testing concepts and techniques with concentration on testing for the developer at the unit level.
- Identify the difference between software quality assurance and software testing
- Appreciate testing and how it fits into the life cycle
- Recognize the appropriate testing method application to various test phases
- Learn error prevention as well as error detection
- Recognize the difference between and application of Internal and External testing
- Identify the Static and Dynamic testing techniques within each phase of the software life cycle
- Employ quality testing methods rather than quantities of tests
- Define and develop high quality test case scenarios
- Apply various techniques for test case development.
- Define what is included in a unit test plan
- Acquire skills and techniques for immediate application to the student's current project
- What Is Software Quality Assurance?
- What is Software Testing?
- Testing Provides Feedback
- Uses of Software Test
- Importance of Testing
- Problems of Testing
- Total Cost of System Development
- Total Cost of the System Life Cycle
- Testing and the Life Cycle - Relative Error Cost
- Types of Testing
- Classic Test Implementation Cycle
- Definitions - Internal Testing
- Definitions - External Testing
- Testing Limitations
- Testing Structure
- 4 Components of a Good Test
- What is a Software Requirement?
- What is a Business Rule?
- Sources of Requirements
- Developer’s Responsibility for Effective Software Requirements and Business Rules
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Traceability - IEEE standard
- Information Tracked for Business Rules
- Why Trace Business Rules
- Testing Structure
- Getting Started – Assumptions
- Getting Started Steps
- Dynamic Test Case Preparation Techniques
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Data Flow Navigation
- Decision Tables
- Error Guessing
- Complexity at the System Test Level
- Complexity Metrics
- How Many Tests?
- Diagramming a Process
- Calculating Cyclomatic Complexity
- Basis Path Analysis
- Basis Path Tests
- Structural Reduction
- Computed Complexity vs Actual Complexity
- Additional Thoughts on Baseline Method
- Test Coverage Analysis
- Essential Complexity
- How much Testing is required for a modification?
- Complexity’s Influence on Detail Design
- Environment Testing Definition
- Performance Characteristics
- Impact of Environmental Business Requirements
- Types of Environment Tests
- Difference between Stress, Load/Scalability, Performance
- Multi-level Client/Server
- Unpredictable Load & Response
- Uses Public, Global Network
- Range of H/W & O/S Environments
- e-Business Testing Tips
- Systematic Testing
- Priority Rules:
- Testing Final Thoughts
- Dimensions of Testing
- References and Recommended Reading
- Recommended Periodicals
- Internet sites
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page