Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Python Retreat for Programmers
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis course is designed to prepare students for programming with Python, and to cultivate Pythonic thinking in the work environment.
Through lecture, comprehensive examples and hands-on labs, students will gain a thorough understanding of programming using Python.
- Program using the Python syntax
- Create object-oriented classes, libraries and packages
- Apply exception handling rules
- Reference and implement functional programming tricks
- Recognize and utilize decorators, iterators, built-in data types and file systems
- Operate useful developer modules such as unittest, profile, etc.
- Apply inheritance and overriding properties in the Python language
- Demonstrate Pythonic thinking
- Create decorators and iterators
- Implement advanced/esoteric features of object-oriented programming
- Employ the regular expression engine
- Software Engineers
- Working knowledge of another programming language
- Executing a Python program
- Syntax: code blocks, colons
- 'if', 'elif' and 'else'
- 'while' and another 'else'
- Writing to 'stdout'
- Relational and logical operators
- Input from 'stdin'
- Factory functions: 'int()', 'float()', 'str()'
- Catching an exception: yet another 'else'
- Formatted strings
- Integer division issue
- 'range' operator
- 'for' loop
- Function protocols
- 'import' and 'reload'
- Module: 'random'
- Indentifier scope
- Default arguments
- Keyword arguments
- Sequence types: 'str', 'tuple', 'list'
- Sequence slicing and other manipulations
- Module: 'sys'
- Important trick: '__name__' and ''__main__''
- Multi-dimensional sequences
- Valid identifiers
- Scope issues
- List comprehensions
- Importing with 'from'
- File I/O
- Raising exceptions
- Module: 'os'
- Modules: 'shutil', 'tempfile'
- Function protocols: variable length argument lists
- Formatted printing using a dictionary for replacement
- Unpacking sequences and dictionaries
- More os facilities:
- 'os.write' etc.
- Module: 'shelve'
- Class variable
- 'Has-A' vs 'Is-A' relationships
- Useful attributes
- New style classes
- Attribute control
- Static methods
- Class methods
- Diamond inheritance
- Module: 'unittest'
- Module: 'optparse'
- Regular expressions in Python
- Search and replace
- Named groups
- Regular expression syntax
- Testing regular expressions
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page