Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack Administration Individual Exam
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The Red Hat Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack Administration (PE110) is a performance-based exam to evaluate your knowledge in managing cloud infrastructures using Red Hat OpenStack Platform. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for using OpenStack across all environments.
This exam is based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 16.0.
Audience for this exam
The following audiences may be interested in taking this exam:
- Experienced or novice system administrators who want to demonstrate their use of Red Hat OpenStack Platform skills.
- Students who have attended Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) and are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack Platform
Recommended for this exam
Candidates for this exam should:
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have comparable work experience.
- Have taken the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators (CL110) course or have comparable work experience using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
- Review the Red Hat Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack exam (PE110) objectives.
Red Hat Preliminary Exams are taken using your own laptop or computer and remote cloud instances. Read more about Preliminary Exams here.
Study points for the exam
Candidates for the Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack Administration should be able to perform the following tasks. These have been grouped into several categories:
- Understand and work with director-based deployments
- Use identity environment files to connect to the undercloud
- Use identity environment files to connect to the overcloud
- Use template files, environment files and other resources to obtain information about an OpenStack environment
- Work with containerized services
- Configure OpenStack domains
- Create projects
- Create groups
- Create users
- Manage quotas
- Create resources
- Create virtual machine flavors
- Add existing images to an overcloud
- Create security groups
- Create key pairs
- Configure networking
- Create and assign networks to projects
- Configure network routers
- Configure software defined networks
- Work with Open Virtual Networks (OVN)
- Configure floating IP addresses
- Configure an instance to use a floating IP address
- Configure a service to be accessible via a floating IP address
- Manage instances
- Launch instances
- Associate instances with specified projects and networks
- Use key pairs to connect to instances
- Configure an instance during deployment
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) to help prepare.
Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
The Red Hat Preliminary Exam in Red Hat OpenStack Administration exam is a hands-on, practical exam that requires you to undertake real-world tasks. Internet access is not provided during the exam, and you will not be permitted to bring any hard copy or electronic documentation into the exam. This prohibition includes notes, books, or any other materials. For most exams, the documentation that ships with the product is available during the exam.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210)
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Cloud Infrastructure exam (EX210)
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
- Duration: 30 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 0.00 USD
- Duration: 5 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,800.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page