Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis course teaches IT Professionals how to manage core Windows Server workloads and services using on-premises, hybrid, and cloud technologies. The course teaches IT Professionals how to implement and manage on-premises and hybrid solutions such as identity, management, compute, networking, and storage in a Windows Server hybrid environment.
- Use administrative techniques and tools in Windows Server.
- Identify tools used to implement hybrid solutions, including Windows Admin Center and PowerShell.
- Implement identity services in Windows Server.
- Implement identity in hybrid scenarios, including Azure AD DS on Azure IaaS and managed AD DS.
- Integrate Azure AD DS with Azure AD.
- Manage network infrastructure services.
- Deploy Azure VMs running Windows Server, and configure networking and storage.
- Administer and manage Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machine remotely.
- Manage and maintain Azure VMs running Windows Server.
- Configure file servers and storage.
- Implement File Services in hybrid scenarios, using Azure Files and Azure File Sync.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, DNS, DFS, Hyper-V, and File and Storage Services
- Experience with common Windows Server management tools (implied in the first prerequisite).
- Basic knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies (implied in the first prerequisite).
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts
- Basic experience with implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Experience working hands-on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell
- Introduction to AD DS
- Manage AD DS domain controllers and FSMO roles
- Implement Group Policy Objects
- Manage advanced features of AD DS
- Deploying a new domain controller on Server Core
- Configuring Group Policy
- Implement hybrid identity with Windows Server
- Deploy and manage Azure IaaS Active Directory domain controllers in Azure
- Preparing Azure AD for AD DS integration
- Preparing on-premises AD DS for Azure AD integration
- Downloading, installing, and configuring Azure AD Connect
- Verifying integration between AD DS and Azure AD
- Implementing Azure AD integration features in AD DS
- Perform Windows Server secure administration
- Describe Windows Server administration tools
- Perform post-installation configuration of Windows Server
- Just Enough Administration in Windows Server
- Implementing and using remote server administration
- Administer and manage Windows Server IaaS virtual machines remotely
- Manage hybrid workloads with Azure Arc
- Provisioning Azure VMs running Windows Server
- Implementing hybrid connectivity by using the Azure Network Adapter
- Deploying Windows Admin Center gateway in Azure
- Verifying functionality of the Windows Admin Center gateway in Azure
- Configure and manage Hyper-V
- Configure and manage Hyper-V virtual machines
- Secure Hyper-V workloads
- Run containers on Windows Server
- Orchestrate containers on Windows Server using Kubernetes
- Creating and configuring VMs
- Installing and configuring containers
- Plan and deploy Windows Server IaaS virtual machines
- Customize Windows Server IaaS virtual machine images
- Automate the configuration of Windows Server IaaS virtual machines
- Authoring Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates for Azure VM deployment
- Modifying ARM templates to include VM extension-based configuration
- Deploying Azure VMs running Windows Server by using ARM templates
- Configuring administrative access to Azure VMs running Windows Server
- Configuring Windows Server security in Azure VMs
- Deploy and manage DHCP
- Implement Windows Server DNS
- Implement IP address management
- Implement remote access
- Deploying and configuring DHCP
- Deploying and configuring DNS
- Implement hybrid network infrastructure
- Implement DNS for Windows Server IaaS VMs
- Implement Windows Server IaaS VM IP addressing and routing
- Implementing virtual network routing in Azure
- Implementing DNS name resolution in Azure
- Manage Windows Server file servers
- Implement Storage Spaces and Storage Spaces Direct
- Implement Windows Server Data Deduplication
- Implement Windows Server iSCSI
- Implement Windows Server Storage Replica
- Implementing Data Deduplication
- Configuring iSCSI storage
- Configuring redundant Storage Spaces
- Implementing Storage Spaces Direct
- Overview of Azure file services
- Implementing Azure File Sync
- Implementing DFS Replication in your on-premises environment
- Creating and configuring a sync group
- Replacing DFS Replication with File Sync–based replication
- Verifying replication and enabling cloud tiering
- Troubleshooting replication issues
- Duration: 1 Day
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 595.00 USD
- Duration: 5 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,975.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page