Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Introduction to Programming Concepts
OverviewThis Introduction to Programming concepts will provide students who have no IT experience, with a comprehensive introduction to programming and builds a solid foundation of programming skills that can be used to master programming languages like COBOL.
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
- Identifying the project scope
- Gathering System Requirements
- Producing System Design Documents
- Developing the system
- Testing the System
- Implementing the System
- Maintaining and Enhancing the System after Implementation
- Process Flow
- Decision Making
- Translating the Flowchart to Pseudocode
- What is a program
- The Programming Process
- Source/Object/Executable code
- Difference between Procedural languages (COBOL) and Object Orientated languages (JAVA)
- Difference between run time errors and compiler errors
- Data Types
- Computer Memory
- Differences between Sequential files, VSAM files and Database tables
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Cobol Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page