Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
R Programming for Data Science
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewIn our data-driven world, organizations need the right tools to extract valuable insights from that data. The R programming language is one of the tools at the forefront of data science. Its robust set of packages and statistical functions makes it a powerful choice for analyzing data, manipulating data, performing statistical tests on data, and creating predictive models from data. Likewise, R is notable for its strong data visualization tools, enabling you to create high-quality graphs and plots that are incredibly customizable.
This course will teach you the fundamentals of programming in R to get you started. It will also teach you how to use R to perform common data science tasks and achieve data-driven results for the business.
- Set up an R development environment and execute simple code.
- Perform operations on atomic data types in R, including characters, numbers, and logicals.
- Perform operations on data structures in R, including vectors, lists, and data frames.
- Write conditional statements and loops.
- Structure code for reuse with functions and packages.
- Manage data by loading and saving datasets, manipulating data frames, and more.
- Analyze data through exploratory analysis, statistical analysis, and more.
- Create and format data visualizations using base R and ggplot2.
- Create simple statistical models from data.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be comfortable with basic computer programming concepts, including but not limited to: syntax, data types, conditional statements, loops, and functions. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the Introduction to Programming with Python® course.
You should also have at least a high-level understanding of fundamental data science concepts, including but not limited to: data engineering, data analysis, data storage, data visualization, and statistics. You can obtain this level of knowledge by taking the CertNexus DSBIZ™ (Exam DSZ-110): Data Science for Business Professionals course.
- Set Up the R Development Environment
- Write R Statements
- Process Characters
- Process Numbers
- Process Logicals
- Process Vectors
- Process Factors
- Process Data Frames
- Subset Data Structures
- Write Conditional Statements
- Write Loops
- Define and Call Functions
- Apply Loop Functions
- Manage R Packages
- Load Data
- Save Data
- Manipulate Data Frames Using Base R
- Manipulate Data Frames Using dplyr
- Handle Dates and Times
- Examine Data
- Explore the Underlying Distribution of Data
- Identify Missing Values
- Plot Data Using Base R Functions
- Plot Data Using ggplot2
- Format Plots in ggplot2
- Create Combination Plots
- Create Statistical Models in R
- Create Machine Learning Models in R
- Appendix A: Handling Issues in Code
- Appendix B: R Resources
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page