Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Spectrum Scale Basic Administration for Linux and AIX
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is intended for IT professionals tasked with administering an IBM Spectrum Scale storage cluster in environments running Linux and AIX nodes. The course includes information on installing, configuring, and monitoring an IBM Spectrum Scale cluster. Many Spectrum Scale features are described in lecture materials and then implemented in lab exercises. These features include: Storage management, high availability options, cluster management, and information lifecycle management (ILM) tools.
Note: Although the lab environment is running the Linux operating system, the differences in Spectrum Scale compared with an AIX environment are minor. Therefore, the skills acquired during the course can be applied in both Linux and AIX environments.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Summarize the key features of IBM Spectrum Scale • Describe IBM ESS and Spectrum Scale RAID • Install IBM Spectrum Scale and configure a cluster • Manage a cluster • Implement information lifecycle management (ILM) • Configure IBM Spectrum Scale high availability features • Back up critical cluster data
This lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who want to understand how to install, configure, and manage an IBM Spectrum Scale storage cluster.
The student is expected to have a good understanding of UNIX/Linux, SAN, and Storage concepts.
- Welcome and course overview
- Unit 1 - IBM Spectrum Scale overview
- Exercise 1 - Cluster node preparation
- Unit 2 - Installation and cluster configuration
- Exercise 2 - Installation and cluster configuration
- Unit 3 - Cluster management
- Exercise 3 - Cluster management and configuration
- Unit 4 - Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
- Exercise 4 - Storage pools, filesets, and policies
- Unit 5 - High availability and cluster data backups
- Exercise 5 - Replication and snapshots
- Course wrap-up and evaluation
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Spectrum Badge Program →
- Duration: 24 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,445.00 USD
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training (WBT)
- Price: 245.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page