Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization exam Classroom
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The performance-based Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization exam (EX318) tests your ability to create, deploy, and manage Linux® virtual machines using Red Hat® Virtualization Manager.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat Virtualization 4.3.
Audience for this exam
These audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Red Hat Virtualization:
- Linux system administrators who are responsible for, or seeking responsibility for, implementing and managing virtualization infrastructures
- System administrators from other platforms
- Any Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCE®) who wish to become a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Prerequisites for this exam
- Have experience using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®), or demonstrate equivalent experience
Study points for the exam
Red Hat recommends that you become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) before attempting this exam, but it is not required.
To help you prepare, these exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
You should be able to perform these tasks:
- Install Red Hat Virtualization Manager (RHVM) and Red Hat Virtualization
- Install Red Hat Virtualization Manager and any dependencies
- Configure Red Hat Virtualization Manager to authenticate against an external IPA service.
- Install Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor
- Add one or more Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor instances to Red Hat Virtualization Manager
- Create and manage datacenters and clusters
- Manage storage
- â€‹Configure NFS services
- Configure storage domains
- Import installation media into a storage domain
- Create and manage virtual machines
- Install virtual machines
- Access virtual machine consoles with SPICE and VNC
- Start and stop virtual machines
- Edit virtual machine hardware characteristics
- Configure automatic migration for virtual machines
- Work with virtual machine images
- Create snapshots
- Create virtual machines from snapshots
- Import existing virtual machine images into Red Hat Virtualization Manager
- Create and manage Red Hat Virtualization Manager users
- Create internal users
- Create external users
- Configure roles and assign users to those roles
- Configure access using roles
- Automatically deploy virtual machines
- Create virtual machine templates
- Deploy virtual machines using templates
- Configure virtual machines using cloud-init
- Create and manage networking objects
- Create logical networks
- Assign hosts to logical networks
- Create MAC address pools
- Assign MAC address pools to clusters
- Create and manage cluster policies
- Create scheduling and migration policies
- Assign policies to clusters
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Red Hat Virtualization to consider taking the Red Hat Virtualization courses to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required, and you can choose to just take the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of Red Hat Virtualization Manager administration skills and knowledge. You perform a number of routine tasks using Red Hat Virtualization Manager and are evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means you must perform tasks similar to what you perform on the job.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Red Hat Virtualization exam (EX318) is a single-section exam lasting 3 hours.
This exam can also be taken virtually as part of our remote testing format. Find out more about remote exams to see if this is the right choice for you.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
- Duration: 36 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 4,075.00 USD
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page