Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam Individual
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) tests the knowledge, skills, and ability to create, configure, and manage a cloud application platform using Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.
Audience for this exam
- System and Software Architects who need an understanding of the features and functionality of an OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
- System Administrators who need to support the initial establishment of an OpenShift cluster.
- Cluster Operators who need to support ongoing maintenance of an OpenShift cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers who need to support the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of an OpenShift cluster.
- System administrators who want to demonstrate their OpenShift Container Platform skills
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) who wish to become a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- System administrators or developers who are working in a DevOps environment using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Prerequisites for this exam
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have comparable work experience and skills
- Take the Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) course or have comparable work experience using OpenShift Container Platform
- Review the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) objectives
- Experience with container technology is recommended
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, these objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
To become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration, you should be able to perform these tasks:
Manage OpenShift Container Platform
- Use the command-line interface to manage and configure an OpenShift cluster
- Use the web console to manage and configure an OpenShift cluster
- Create and delete projects
- Import, export, and configure Kubernetes resources
- Examine resources and cluster status
- View logs
- Monitor cluster events and alerts
- Troubleshoot common cluster events and alerts
- Use product documentation
Manage users and policies
- Configure the HTPasswd identity provider for authentication
- Create and delete users
- Modify user passwords
- Modify user and group permissions
- Create and manage groups
Control access to resources
- Define role-based access controls
- Apply permissions to users
- Create and apply secrets to manage sensitive information
- Create service accounts and apply permissions using security context constraints
Configure networking components
- Troubleshoot software defined networking
- Create and edit external routes
- Control cluster network ingress
- Create a self signed certificate
- Secure routes using TLS certificates
Configure pod scheduling
- Limit resource usage
- Scale applications to meet increased demand
- Control pod placement across cluster nodes
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) to help prepare for this exam. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of skills and knowledge required to configure and manage Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will perform the configuration and administrative tasks necessary to deploy Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and are evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that you must perform tasks similar to what you perform on the job.
This exam can also be taken virtually as part of our remote testing format. Find out more about remote exams to see if this is the right choice for you.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat OpenShift Administration III: Scaling Kubernetes Deployments in the Enterprise (DO380)
OpenShift Administration skills path
Recommended starting certification
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
DO080 - Free course - currently viewing
Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview
DO180 - Recommended course - currently viewing
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes
EX180 - Recommended exam - currently viewing
Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers and Kubernetes exam
DO281 bundle - currently viewing
Save time and money by combining course and exam offerings
DO280 - Recommended course - currently viewing
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster
EX280 - Required exam - currently viewing
Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam
Certification - Passing EX280
Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration
Interested in exploring related skills paths?
View all Red Hat OpenShift learning options
Want to verify your knowledge first?
Take our free skills assessment
- Duration: 30 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 0.00 USD
- Duration: 30 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 0.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page