Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Advanced Assembler Language Coding Workshop
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course provides instruction and practice in the use of the more complex S/390 Assembler Language facilities for the experienced assembler language programmer. The course includes a discussion of standard linkage conventions, use of BSAM/QSAM and selected system macros, the macro definition language, and reentrant coding considerations.
Emphasis is placed on enhancing skills in problem resolution through analysis of more complex system-provided dumps.
- Identify data management considerations and access methods
- Code assembler language programs which:
- Conform to standard linkage conventions using save area chaining
- Define and use BSAM/QSAM datasets through standard I/O macros
- Define and execute user macros which contain:
- Positional and/or keyword parameters
- Fixed or variable entry parameter lists
- Conditional assembly logic
- Use variable length storage operations (that is, EX, MVCL, and so on)
- Employ more complex instructions (that is, TR, TRT, BXLE, and so on)
- Access JCL parameter data
- Employ LE date/time handling services
- Identify reentrant coding considerations and dynamic storage acquisition
This course is designed for application programmers and beginning system programmers who code, maintain, and debug application support programs or subroutines written in S/390 assembler language.
- Code and debug simple S/390 assembler language programs
You should be able to:
- (00:15) Welcome
- (01:00) Unit 1: Review
- (00:15) Unit 2: Assembler instructions
- (01:45) Unit 3: Linkage
- (01:30) Unit 4: LE date/time handling
- (02:30) Exercise 1: PARM handling and search
- (00:15) Lab review
- (03:00) Unit 5: Access methods: BSAM/QSAM
- (03:00) Exercise 2: File handling
- (00:15) Lab review
- (00:30) Unit 6: Assembler compile-time options
- (00:30) Unit 7: SNAP dumps
- (03:30) Unit 8: Macros and the Conditional Assembly Language
- (02:30) Exercise 3: Macro modification
- (00:25) Lab review
- (01:15) Unit 9: Miscellaneous instructions
- (00:25) Unit 10: Floating point data
- (00:25) Unit 11: Reentrant coding
- (00:15) Class wrap-up
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our Application Developers Badge Program →
- Duration: 40 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 4,075.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page