Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
z/OS JCL and Utilities
This course is designed to teach you how to use z/OS job control language (JCL) and selected z/OS utility programs in an online batch environment. Both Storage Management Subsystem (SMS) and non-SMS JCL are discussed. Machine lab exercises complement the lecture material.
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
- Code basic JCL statements using proper syntax and coding rules, including JCL for:
- Creating new data sets
- Referencing existing data sets
- Condition code testing
- IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF constructs
- Generation data groups
- Output routing
- JCL enhancements introduced by various releases of Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS), OS/390, and z/OS
- Identify Storage Management Subsystem requirements
- Code instream and cataloged procedures
- Use symbolic parameters in procedures
- Code procedure overrides and additions super
- Use selected utility programs
- Describe tape processing facilities
- Code sort and merge control statements and associated JCL statements
- Recognize and resolve common abnormal terminations (ABENDs)
This basic course is intended for people who want to use z/OS JCL and utilities.
- Basic knowledge of IS technologies.
- z/OS concepts and how these systems supports the Enterprise Servers.
You should have:
You should be familiar with:
This knowledge can be obtained by attending course An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G).
- Introduction to JCL
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM z/OS Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page