Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Solr For Developers
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewThis course introduces students to the Solr platform. Through a combination of lecture, discussion, and labs students will gain hands-on experience configuring effective search and indexing.
- Solr installation and configuration
- Solr architecture and design
- Faceting, indexing, and search
- Advanced topics including spell checking, suggestions, Multicore, and SolrCloud.
- Overall Goal:
All attendees should be experienced technical staff with a background in web application operations and, preferably, development.
- Solr Overview
- Installing and running Solr
- Adding content to Solr
- Reading a Solr XML response
- Changing parameters in the URL
- Using the browse interface
- Labs: install Solr, run queries
- Sorting results
- Query parsers
- More queries
- Hardwiring request parameters
- Adding fields to the default search
- Result grouping
- Labs: advanced queries, experiment with faceted search
- Adding your own content to Solr
- Deleting data from Solr
- Building a bookstore search
- Adding book data
- Exploring the book data
- Dedupe update processor
- Labs: indexing various document collections
- Adding fields to the schema
- Analyzing text
- Labs: customize Solr schema
- Field weighting
- Phrase queries
- Function queries
- Fuzzier search
- Labs: implementing queries for relevance
- Spell checking
- Labs: implementing spell checking and suggestions
- Adding more kinds of data
- Labs: creating and administering cores
- How SolrCloud works
- Commit strategies
- Managing Solr config files
- Labs: administer SolrCloud
- Talking to Solr through REST
- Indexing and searching
- Solr and Spring
- Labs: code to read and write Solr index, exercise in Spring with Solr
- Building a Lucene index
- Searching, viewing, debugging
- Extracting text with Tika
- Scaling Lucene indices on clusters
- Lucene performance tuning
- Labs: coding with Lucene
- Other approaches to search: ElasticSearch; DataStax Enterprise: Solr+Cassandra; Cloudera Solr integration; Blur
- Future directions
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page