Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Db2 12 for zOS Advanced Database Administration
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course will introduce the student to advanced database administration skills, including program preparation and the use of packages, online schema changes, partition management, and stored procedures; as well as performance and availability features of utilities (including LOAD, REBUILD INDEX, REORG, and UNLOAD). This course does not cover distributed data processing, nor does it cover data sharing.
Program preparation and the use of packages part 1• Program preparation overview• Execution time errors• BIND actions• Package status and REBIND• Deleting a package• Determining the table/view qualifier
Online schema changes part 1• Changing data type• Adding columns to a table• Renaming columns in a table• Renaming indexes• Adding columns to indexes• Versioning
Online schema changes part 2• Pending online schema changes• Dropping columns from a table• Converting to UTS• Other pending changes• Impact of pending changes on immediate options• Restrictions and considerations
Partition management part 1• Adding partitions• Rotating partitions
Partition management part 2• Modifying limit keys• Rebalancing partitions
Stored procedures part 1• External stored procedures• WLM-established application environments• Altering and dropping a stored procedure• Commands for stored procedures• Execution privileges• Catalog information
LOAD and REBUILD INDEX• LOAD with parallel index build• LOAD partitions in parallel• REBUILD INDEX• Inline image copies and statistics• LOAD SHRLEVEL CHANGE• LOAD REPLACE SHRLEVEL REFERENCE
REORG• Performance features of REORG• Online REORG• Inline image copies and statistics• Consideratons for PBG table spaces• Online REORG with LOBs (optional)
UNLOAD• Overview• Image copy specification • Table-only input specification• SHRLEVEL option• Modes of operation
Program preparation and the use of packages part 2 (optional)• Table mirroring• Package versioning• Plan management• Other REBIND PACKAGE options• Application compatibility
Stored procedures part 2 (optional)• Native stored procedures• Native procedure deployment
Students needing to augment their skill set in administering a Db2 12 for z/OS database environment.
- Familiarity with the z/OS operating system, including TSO, ISPF, and SDSF.
- Familiarity with SQL DML (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and MERGE) and DDL (CREATE, ALTER, DROP) statements
- Basic skills administering a Db2 12 for z/OS database environment, including the use of basic utilities, serialization, and basic database security.
Program preparation and the use of packages part 1
• Program preparation overview
• Execution time errors
• BIND actions
• Package status and REBIND
• Deleting a package
• Determining the table/view qualifier Online schema changes part 1
• Changing data type
• Adding columns to a table
• Renaming columns in a table
• Renaming indexes
• Adding columns to indexes
• Versioning Online schema changes part 2
• Pending online schema changes
• Dropping columns from a table
• Converting to UTS
• Other pending changes
• Impact of pending changes on immediate options
• Restrictions and considerations Partition management part 1
• Adding partitions
• Rotating partitions Partition management part 2
• Modifying limit keys
• Rebalancing partitions Stored procedures part 1
• External stored procedures
• WLM-established application environments
• Altering and dropping a stored procedure
• Commands for stored procedures
• Execution privileges
• Catalog information LOAD and REBUILD INDEX
• LOAD with parallel index build
• LOAD partitions in parallel
• REBUILD INDEX
• Inline image copies and statistics
• LOAD SHRLEVEL CHANGE
• LOAD REPLACE SHRLEVEL REFERENCE REORG
• Performance features of REORG
• Online REORG
• Inline image copies and statistics
• Considerations for PBG table spaces
• Online REORG with LOBs (optional)
• Image copy specification
• Table-only input specification
• SHRLEVEL option
• Modes of operation Program preparation and the use of packages part 2 (optional)
• Table mirroring
• Package versioning
• Plan management
• Other REBIND PACKAGE options
• Application compatibility Stored procedures part 2 (optional)
• Native stored procedures
• Native procedure deployment
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our Data Storage Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page