Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Db2 12 for z/OS Basic Database Administration
Valid through August 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course will expose the beginning z/OS DBAs (Database Administrators) to fundamentals of Database Administration for a Db2 12 for z/OS. This course will teach the students how to physically implement a logical database design using DDL, and teaches considerations of referentially related tables. This course discusses the use of basic utilities, program preparation, serialization, and basic database security. This course does not cover distributed data processing, nor does it cover data sharing.
Please refer to course overview
- Students who will be performing the role of Db2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire the basic skills required to administer a Db2 database.
- Familiarity with the z/OS operating system, including TSO, ISPF, and SDSF
- Familiarity with SQL data manipulation statements (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE) to access and change the contents of Db2 tables
• Course Overview
• Intended Audience
• Course Objectives
• PrerequisitesUnit 1 - Db2 Relational database concepts
• Relational Database design
• Data access
• Interacting with Db2
• Catalog and directoryUnit 2 - SQL and SPUFI
• SQL SELECT statement review
• SQL INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE review
• SQL COMMIT and ROLLBACK review
• Joining tables
• Executing SQL using SPUFIUnit 3 - Db2 objects (Storage groups, databases, and table spaces)
• Object concepts
• Storage Groups
• Table SpacesUnit 4 - Db2 Objects (Tables, indexes, and views)
• Tables o Aliases
• Table constraints o Primary key o Foreign key o Check o Referential integrity
• Qualified names
• Implicit object creationUnit 5 - Utilities
• Utility Categories
• Load Utility
• Check Data Utility
• Unload Utility
• Runstats Utility
• Reorg UtilityUnit 6 - Commands and program preparation
• Db2 Command Structure
• Display Command
• Archiving Logs
• Stop and Start Commands
• Executing Commands
• Program PreparationUnit 7 - The Db2 system
• System Parameters (zParms)
• Address Spaces
• System Databases
• Buffer Pools
• SecurityUnit 8 - Db2 Shutdown, startup, and recovery
• Start and Stop Commands
• Db2 Shutdown Process
• Db2 Startup Phases
• System Recovery
• Object Recovery
• Copy Utility
• Recover UtilityAppendix A - Demonstration solutions
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Db2 Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page