Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
DB2 11 for zOS Database Administration Workshop Part 2
Valid through August 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course teaches database administrators various features they must be familiar with as DB2 11 for z/OS Database Administrators. These include program preparation, online schema changes, user defined functions, archive-enabled and temporal tables, partition management, stored procedures, and triggers. The course includes many hands-on demonstrations which give the students experience with the included topics. Additionally, there is information on other features in the course appendices, including schemas and user defined data types, clone tables, materialized query tables, large objects, global variables, and row permissions and column masks. This course is a follow-on course to CV832 - IBM DB2 11 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1. Note: This course is 3 days in length. If the instructor has time, he can cover the optional appendices as desired.
- Introduce program preparation and the use of packages
- Discuss immediate and pending online schema changes
- Utilize UDFs
- Utilize archive enabled tables
- Utilize temporal tables
- Manage partitions
- Utilize Stored Procedures
- Work with Triggers
Database Administrators and System Programmers who would like to get further insight into database administration tasks.
DB2 11 for z/OS Database Administration Part 1 (CV832) or equivalent experience or knowledge.
1: Program preparation and the use of packages part 1
• Go through the program preparation steps and execute programs in the DB2 environment using the TSO Attachment Facility
• Resolve some of the most commonly occurring problems, for example SQL error -805
• Understand the importance of collections and packages
• Understand how to access different tables and views at execution time without changing the program2: Online schema changes part 1
• Discuss immediate, online schema changes
• Change data types and lengths of columns
• Rename indexes
• Add columns to indexes
• Relate implications of renaming a column in a table or renaming an index
• Describe versioning3: Online schema changes part 2
• Explore pending schema changes
• Materialize pending schema changes
• Drop a column
• Migrate existing classic table space types to UTS
• Change table space characteristics such as DSSIZE, page size, and SEGSIZE
• Take care of the implications of applying those pending online schema changes4: UDFs
• Differentiate between external scalar functions, external table functions, SQL scalar functions, and sourced functions
• Determine which user-defined function will be invoked given the invocation statement
• Create a user-defined function
5: Archive-enabled tables
• Describe transparent archiving
• Understand archive-enabled and archive tables6: Temporal tables
• Understand the need for temporal tables
• Utilize System Time temporal tables
• Utilize Business Time temporal tables
• Utilize Bitemporal tables7: Partition management part 1
• Add partitions
• Rotate partitions8. Partition management part 2
• Modify limit keys
• Rebalance partitions9. Stored procedures part 1
• Explain what a stored procedure is
• Describe how to implement and maintain stored procedures
• Discuss types of stored procedures
• Define external stored procedures
• Examine DB2 commands affecting stored procedures10. Stored procedures part 2
• Examine native SQL stored procedures
• Explain native SQL procedure versioning and deployment
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Db2 Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page