Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
DB2 11 for z/OS Application Programming Workshop
This course enables you to acquire the skills necessary to produce application programs that manipulate DB2 databases.
Emphasis is on embedding Structured Query Language (SQL) statements and preparing programs for execution.
- Incorporate static SQL statements in an application program
- Prepare the program for execution
- Validate execution results are correct
- Produce code to support multiple rows being returned from the database manager using cursors
- Identify considerations regarding units of work, concurrency, and restart of programs
- Identify differences between static and dynamic SQL
- Provide test data for applications
- Discuss program and DB2 options relative to performance of static SQL
This intermediate course is for application programmers who need to write embedded SQL programs in COBOL or PL/I (on z/OS).
You should already have experience with one of the supported programming languages, COBOL or PL/I for z/OS. You are also expected to already be able to construct and use SQL statements.
- DB2 Concepts
- Program Structure I
- Program Preparation
- Program Structure II
- Recovery and Locking Concepts
- Dynamic SQL Introduction
- Managing Test Data
- Performance Considerations
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page