Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Advanced Kubernetes Operations
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewIn the Advanced Kubernetes Operations course, operations staff will learn many of the tools and patterns needed to run a Kubernetes cluster in production. This course is targeted at advanced Kubernetes users tasked with operational responsibilities such as logging, monitoring, alerting, continuous and progressive continuous deployments, as well as cluster bootstrapping, maintenance, backups and disaster recovery. Advanced Kubernetes Operations is a pattern driven course, exploring the powerful patterns of Kubernetes Operators and gitops which can be used across a wide variety of toolchains.
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
- CN220, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the Bash shell: filesystem navigation and manipulation, command line text editors like vim or nano, common tooling like curl, wget and ping
- Familiarity with YAML and JSON notation
- Mastery of basic to intermediate Kubernetes tools, like pods, controllers, services and persistent storage.
- What sort of considerations apply to production-grade clusters?
- Kubernetes architecture review
- Sizing Kubernetes clusters
- Kubernetes networking requirements review
- Kubernetes high availability
- Stacked versus external Kubernetes masters
- Core Kubernetes networking components
- Bootstrapping Kubernetes with Kubespray
- Popular Image Registries comparison
- DTR vs Harbor architecture
- Security scanning in image registries
- Mitigating man-in-the-middle attacks with content trust
- Supporting continuous integration with webhooks and image promotion
- Instrumenting Kubernetes applications with healthchecks
- Constraining CPU and memory consumption
- Imposing podDisruptionBudgets to ensure application HA
- Packaging Kubernetes applications with Helm
- Selecting logging architectures for Kubernetes
- Deploy and configure the EFK logging stack, and use it to browse container logs
- Create Kube-native application monitoring using the Kube operator pattern
- Deploy and manage Prometheus, Grafana and Alertmanager via the Prometheus operator
- Use PromQL to query and consume Prometheus metrics in alarms and visualizations
- Implement a gitops deployment pipeline using Flux
- Implement blue / green deployments using native Kubernetes
- Implement canary deployments using Istio
- Create and schedule Kube backups using Velero
- Form a disaster recovery plan for your Kube cluster
- Perform a cluster upgrade after backing up and preparing for disaster
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page