Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Kubernetes Native Application Development
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewIn this Cloud Native course, developers will learn how to build containerized applications targeted for enterprise-grade production environments. Student will explore patterns in containerized application architecture, techniques for eliminating friction in the development process, how to test and debug containerized applications, and how to instrument applications with healthchecks, monitoring tools, and common container logging patterns. After mastering these techniques, we’ll turn our attention to devops and building container-native continuous integration pipelines powered by Jenkins and Kubernetes.
This course is one step in the following Learning Journey:
- CN120 course and prerequisites therein, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the Bash shell: filesystem navigation and manipulation, command line text editors like vim or nano, common tooling like curl, wget and ping
- Familiarity with YAML and JSON notation
- Basic familiarity with common software development patterns and tools like version control, testing, continuous integration and logging.
- Rapid development with code mounts and automatic reloading
- Attaching debuggers to containerized processes
- Installing Kubernetes development environments
- Optimizing image design to take advantage of the container lifecycle
- Runtime operations to avoid or mitigate
- Implementing logging, resource management and healthchecks for containers
- Handling container exit
- Introduction to developer-driven operational control
- Migrating preexisting applications from VMs to containers
- Refactoring applications for microservices
- Hybrid applications (containerized + uncontainerized)
- Implementing container healthchecks with Kubernetes
- Integrating Prometheus monitoring with Kube applications
- Differences between traditional and containerized continuous integration
- Tooling choices for CI chain components
- Recommended CI chain architecture
- Designing access control patterns for CI agents
- Installing and integrating Jenkins with Kubernetes
- Implementing build environments
- Designing reusable image hierarchies
- Unit and integration testing in containers
- Testing pipeline design
- Integrating security scanning in a testing pipeline
- Signing images with content trust
- Packaging applications with Helm
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Mirantis On-Demand courses are available for 1 year and you will have 1 year to consume the content.
ONCE YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will receive further communication from Mirantis. Your 1 year access begins once you receive your confirmation from Mirantis.
- Laptop with WiFi connectivity
- Attendees should have the latest Chrome or Firefox installed, and a free account at strigo.io
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page