Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IMS Transaction Manager Application Programming
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Learn how to write application programs that use Data Language One (DL/I) to process terminal input and output messages in an Information Management System / Data Communications (IMS/DC) system.
- Modify an IMS batch DL/I application program to function in an IMS/DC environment: receiving a message from a terminal and sending output messages to terminals
- Handle the exception conditions that may occur using DL/I functions
- Work with Scratch Pad Areas (SPA) in an IMS-conversational program
- Understand the application program considerations in using Message Format Services (MFS) and the system service functions data structures
This intermediate course is for individuals responsible for writing programs in Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL), or Programming Language One (PL/I) using DL/I to communicate with terminals in an IMS/DC system.
- IMS Fundamentals (CM010) or IMS Fundamentals -Web (CMW01)
- IMS DB Application Programming (U3717)
- or be able to:
- Describe the basic control and flow of IMS/DC communications facilities
- Understand the DL/I components and calls of a database application program
- Modify a program in COBOL or PL/I to add IMS/DC functions
- IMS TM System Overview
- Message Processing Programming
- Get/Send Terminal Data
- Message Format Services (MFS)
- Create and use MFS control blocks
- IMS/TM Additional Facilities
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page