Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IMS Installation Workshop
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Learn how to successfully install and successfully maintain an Information Management System (IMS) system, with insights on common problems, how to avoid them and how to correct them should they occur. In the hands-on lab, select an IBM-supported Version of IMS to actually install, then install that IMS and run the IMS Installation Verification Program (IVP) process in the environment of your choice:
- Database Control (DBCTL)
- Database Coordinator Controller (DCCTL)
- Database/Data Communications (DB/DC)
- DB/DC with Extended Recovery Facility (XRF)
- Review the steps involved in the Installation and IVP process for IMS
- Discuss IMS sysgen describing what it is as well as why we have it
- Review and explain IMS maintenance recommendations
- Review and explain IMS maintenance upgrades
- Discuss common problems clients encounter and their solutions
- Installation of an IMS system during lab
This is an intermediate course for system programmers who install or maintain IMS.
- IMS Fundamentals (CM010) or
- IMS Fundamental - Web (CMW01)
- or have equivalent moderate IMS knowledge through work experience
- Basic understanding of System Modification Program/Extended (SMP/E)
- Basic understanding Job Control Language (JCL)
- Basic understanding of how to use the Interactive System Productivity Facility/Program Development Facility (ISPF/PDF) editor
You should complete:
You should also have:
- Packaging and Installation
- SMP/E Installation
- IMS IVP Dialog
- IMS Migration Considerations
- IMS Definition
- General IMS Maintenance Recommendations
- Hints and Tips for Successful Implementation and Maintenance of IMS
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page