Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Db2 LUW Family Fundamentals
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course provides you with information about the functions of IBM's Db2, a relational database manager which may be installed under a variety of operating systems on many hardware platforms. Db2 runs under a number of operating systems, such as z/OS, VM, Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems. The course includes discussion of how the Db2 products provide services. The focus is on the services Db2 provides and how users work with Db2, not on its internal workings. This course does not include hands-on labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- List and describe the major components of IBM's relational database, Db2
- Explain the characteristics of a Db2 table
- Describe the basic concepts of data modeling
- Understand and code the processing instructions given to Db2 via simple SQL statements
- List and describe several ways to build (write) and execute SQL statements
- List and describe the steps needed to imbed SQL statements in an application program
- Explain some of the functions performed by system and database administrators
- Establish a base for more specialized Db2 education
Persons needing an introductory knowledge of DB2, and persons who are preparing for advanced and specialized DB2 education.
Basic knowledge in data processing.
The following topics are included in this course:
- Understanding a table
- Data modeling and database design
- How end users use Db2
- How a programmer uses Db2
- What a system administrator does in Db2
- What a database administrator does in Db2
- Information management with Db2
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Db2 Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page