Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
HCL BigFix Operator Fundamentals
OverviewBigFix combines endpoint and security management into a single solution that enables users to see and manage fixed, mobile, physical and virtual endpoints on more than 90 different operating system versions. In addition to ensuring that all of a company’s systems are patched and secure, BigFix automates time-intensive tasks across complex networks, queries endpoints in real-time for the presence of malicious files, allows for quick software installations, performs advanced automation,
and allows for simple remote control with just a few clicks. This course will present knowledge to help BigFix administrators and operators develop the foundation knowledge they need to successfully leverage BigFix in their managed environments.
- Discuss architecture and component configuration
- Perform daily operations to support managed environment
- Find and Deploy Patches for managed endpoints
- Report on managed environment
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Gain a basic understanding of the BigFix portfolio and architecture
- Learn to use and configure the operator Console
- Explore and learn to use the BigFix Web User Interface
- Learn about Fixlets, Tasks, and Baselines and when to use them
- Learn about Roles and Users
- Explore Patch Content
- Create and deploy patches manually and through automation by using policies
- Explore and create Web Reports
Students should know basic Microsoft Windows
- Welcome to the BigFix Family!
- What can BigFix do for you?
- Identifying the BigFix suite components.
- A modular approach to meeting your operational requirements.
- Let's take a look at the latest and greatest features of BigFix.
- How BigFix works under the covers.
- Message flow - Discovering the flow of how action directives make it to endpoints and back to the BigFix server.
- Let’s discover the console!
- Workflow – Get your work done with the BigFix Console
- Optimizing your BigFix Console experience
- What is the Web UI?
- Navigating the Web UI
- Discovering the Apps menu
- How do I find patches in the Web UI?
- Let’s deploy some patches!
- Looking for something? Let’s learn about Query
- Headaches keeping up with patches? Let’s automate with policies!
- What is content?
- What are Fixlets, Tasks and Baselines and when should I use them?
- Take Action!
- Discovering Analyses and Properties
- How to use custom computer properties to unleash the power of BigFix
- Get organized with Content Sites!
- Learn how to secure your BigFix Environment using Roles and Users
- Minimize administrative overhead using Computer Groups!
- Structure of a Patch in BigFix
- Patch-specific Features and how to use them
- Where do patches come from?
- Are patches for all operating systems created equal?
- Patch Process: Is there a method to the madness?
- How are patches deployed?
- Customizing deployments to fit any situation
- To Deploy or not to deploy: Superseded Fixlets
- Blacklisting: Hiding undesirable content
- Whitelisting: Showing only what you want them to see
- Automating deployments using execution parameters
- Configuring and deploying non-Windows patches
- Set and Forget: WebUI Patch Policies
- Patch Sequencing across multiple endpoints
- Configure and use web reporting
- How to access the Web Reports Interface
- List and generate existing reports
- Explore and Filter Data
- Create Custom Reports
- Export Report Data
- Schedule Reports to be automatically generated and mailed
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page