Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Designing and Facilitating Requirements Workshops with C-MAPS
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewC-MAPS™ is a technique that has been developed specifically with the challenges associated with requirements on technical projects in mind. To be successful, software projects need solid requirements that have been developed jointly by the technical and the business teams.
During this session you will learn how to run a successful C-MAPS™ workshop by using the planning, tools and facilitation skills you need to conduct a productive requirements workshop.
This course aligns with BABOK v3.0. This course is endorsed by the IIBA® and offers 16 CDU credits.
- Overview of Requirements Workshops
- Types of requirements Workshops
- Design the Workshop
- Facilitate the Workshop
- Prioritizing requirements in the Workshop
- Wrapping-up the Workshop
- Business analysts to understand their role in the requirements processes
- Requirements analysts to learn new techniques and skills in gathering requirements
- Project managers to enable adequate planning for quality requirements
- Managers and directors to understand their role in project success
Intermediate training on business requirements, business modeling or equivalent experience.
Pre-Work: Everyone is asked to bring a copy of a project scope or project definition to class. These projects will be used during class to design a personalized C-MAPS session.
- Review of Business Analysis and Requirements processes
- The benefits of facilitated workshops
- Collaborative workshops and JAD
- C-MAPS™ workshops
- Ingredients of a successful workshop
- Team building and warm-ups
- Managing team dynamics
- Working with the squeaky wheel
- Obtaining consensus
- Prioritizing requirements in the workshop
- Document the final agreement
- Session closure
- Card-storm interview techniques using a workshop
- Design a workshop using the C-MAPS™ technique
- Design intriguing and motivating Cue Cards for the workshop
- Techniques for the facilitator
- Facilitate and participate in a workshop
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page