Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (V11.1.x)
This course provides authors with an introduction to build reports using Cognos Analytics. Techniques to enhance, customize, and manage reports will be explored. Activities will illustrate and reinforce key concepts during this learning opportunity.
- What is IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting?
- Dimensionally modeled relational data
- Use personal data sources and data modules
- Examine list reports
- Aggregate fact data
- Multiple facts and repeated information
- Add repeated information to reports
- Create crosstab reports
- Customize reports with conditional formatting
- Drill-through definitions
- Work with crosstab data
- Create discontinuous crosstab reports
- Create visualization reports
- Focus reports using filters
- Focus reports using prompts
- Use calculations
- Enhance report layout
- Use additional report-building techniques
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using IBM Cognos Analytics as a consumer
What is IBM Cognos Analytics - Reporting?
• The Welcome page
• Consume report content
• Interactive filtering
• Working with reports
Dimensionally modeled relational data
Use personal data sources and data modules
• Upload personal data
• Upload custom images
• Using navigation paths in a data module
Examine list reports
• Group data
• Format columns
• Include headers and footers
Aggregate fact data
• Identify differences in aggregation
Multiple facts and repeated information
• Use shared dimensions to create multi-fact queries
• Present repeated information
Add repeated information to reports
• Create a mailing list report
Create crosstab reports
• Add measures to a crosstab
• Data sources for a crosstab
Create complex crosstab reports
• Add items as peers
• Create crosstab nodes and crosstab members
Work with crosstab data
• Format, sort, and aggregate a crosstab
Create discontinuous crosstab reports
Create visualization reports
• Visualization categories
• Customize visualizations
• Client side visualizations
• Enhanced map visualizations
Focus reports using filters
• Create filters to narrow the focus
• Use advanced detail filters
• Apply a filter with aggregation
• Use summary filters
Focus reports using prompts
• Examine parameters and prompts
• Create a parameter for a report item
• Add a prompt page
• Add a prompt item to a report
• Identify a prompt type
• Create a cascading prompt
• What are calculations?
• Add Date and Time functions
• Add string functions
• Display prompt selections in report titles
Customize reports with conditional formatting
• Three steps for conditional formatting
• Create a variable
• Assign the variable to a report object
• Format based on the conditional value
• Conditionally render report objects
• Navigate to related data
Enhance report layout
• View the structure of a report
• Use Guided report layout
• Force page breaks
• Create horizontal pagination
• Modify the report structure
• Format objects across reports
Use additional report-building techniques
• Enhance a report design
• Add objects to reports
• Convert a list to a crosstab
• Explore reuse
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Cognos Badge Program →
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 1,630.00 USD
- Duration: 24 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 1,195.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page