Classes marked with a are Guaranteed to Run on the scheduled dates. Classes marked with a will be Guaranteed to Run with one more paid registration.
There are ??othercoursecount?? similar courses in different countries and/or formats.Click here to see them.
This course is available in these other formats: ??otherformatlist??
Need a customized class for your group? Contact Us.
No classes scheduled? Sign Up to be notified when new classes are added.
Click here to see our FAQs
*Public Price per Student
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain potential sources for untrusted data
- Describe the consequences for not properly handling untrusted data such as denial of service, cross-site scripting, and injections
- Test web applications with various attack techniques to determine the existence of and effectiveness of layered defenses
- Prevent and defend the many potential vulnerabilities associated with untrusted data
- Explain the vulnerabilities of associated with authentication and authorization
- Detect, attack and implement defenses for authentication and authorization functionality and services
- Describe the dangers and mechanisms behind Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and Injection attacks
- Detect, attack and implement defenses against XSS and Injection attacks
- Explain the concepts and terminology behind defensive, secure coding
- Descibe the use of Threat Risk Modeling as a tool in identifying software vulnerabilities based on realistic threats against meaningful assets
- Perform both static code reviews and dynamic application testing to uncover vulnerabilities in web applications
- Design and develop strong, robust authentication and authorization implementations
- Explain the fundamentals of XML Digital Signature and XML Encryption as well as how they are used within the web services arena
- Detect, attack and implement defenses for XML-based services and functionality
- Describe techniques and measures that can used to harden web and application servers as well as other components in your infrastructure
- Analyze and implement the processes and measures associated with the security development lifecycle (SDL)
- Acquire the skills, tools and best practices for design and code reviews as well as testing initiatives
- List the basics of security testing and planning
- Work through a comprehensive testing plan for recognized vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- Web Developers
- Project Stakeholders
- Basic experience with a programming language
This course is included in the following Roadmaps: