CSAM: Certified Software Asset Manager
Filter Area Unfilter
5PM - 1AM
6PM - 2AM
There are no virtual classes on the schedule in your country.
There are no public classes currently scheduled in your country.
View our global class schedule
This course is available in private, mentoring or e-learning options.
Complete this form, and a Training Advisor will be in touch with you shortly to address your training needs.
Tell us a little about yourself:
The IAITAM® Certified Software Asset Manager (“CSAM”) Course provides a foundation for managing software assets, as well as knowledge of the ever-changing variables that occur within the field. From software piracy and compliance issues, to legislation and organizational challenges, it is necessary to evaluate both the external and internal forces that are bringing changes to how organizations manage their IT Assets. A successful Software Asset Manager must look at the overall goals of the organization and determine where Software Asset Management can play a strategic role in achieving those goals. In this course, students will learn best practices in Software Asset Management, as well as the when and why to question why something should or should not be done, how to clearly identify goals, and how to quantify success.
Software Asset Management (“SAM”) is the set of business practices that support the use of software within an organization and frequently involves a new look at how and why software traverses the organization. SAM is now considered a mandate by many organizations looking at their Software Asset Managers as key contributors to the overall organizational goals such as reducing risk, increasing accountability, uncovering savings and gaining control of the IT environment. To be successful, Software Asset Managers must learn not only what constitutes the business best practices of Software Asset Management, but also learn how to implement those business practices in a way that is appropriate for their organization.
WHERE TO START: LET CSAM GUIDE YOU
This course exposes the attendee to numerous concepts for ITAM that are relevant for both direct application and as a means of discussion for those persons who will implement, manage and direct ITAM initiatives for their organizations.
The CSAM course consists of the following components:
- CSAM Course Manual
- CSAM Study Guide
- CSAM Course Presentation Slide Book
- CSAM instructor daily presentation and interaction with attendees – administered in-person or online
- Optional CSAM Comprehensive Online Examination necessary for achieving CSAM Certification
Pre Course and Post Course
It is recommended to all students to allow for self-study time to solidify class content and external homework time assist in properly preparing for the exam. The amount of study time needed will vary by student, but is recommended for all students.
- Students receive an email directly from IAITAM with instructions to register and take the exam. This online certification testing is available for students starting the last day of class; from this point the exam will be open for 14 days. However it is suggested to take the exam as soon as possible following the course.
- Testing requires non-interrupted internet connection; once a test is started, students are required to complete it during that session and are permitted up to 3 hours to complete.
- This IAITAM CSAM exam is open-book.
- One hundred (100) questions are on the IAITAM CSAM exam and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher.
- One test retake is free of charge for those that fail to achieve pass status on the first attempt; retakes are available after a 24 hour window of the first attempt and must be completed during the 14 day open period.
- If a student is unable to complete the exam and retake (if needed) within their 14 day window, for more information on a one-time thirty (7) day extension, reference IAITAM; this option must be completed before the inital 14 day window expires.
- Exam results are available immediately after completing the exam within the IAITAM Exam Center.
International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers, IAITAM, the IAITAM logo and iaitam.org are trademarks of the International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers, Inc. ('IAITAM, Inc.'), registered in many jurisdictions worldwide.
- Define the ITAM Code of Ethics
- Follow key asset management business practices
- Recognize software piracy and compliance issues
- Describe legislation and organizational challenges related to software asset management
- Apply industry best practices to software asset management
- Identify goals and quantify success
- Apply software asset management practices to a wide range of business situations
- Introduction to IAITAM
- Instructor Introduction
- Student introductions
- ITAM Code of Ethics
- Description of a CSAM
- Overview of the ITAM Program
- IAITAM Key Process Areas
- Communication and Education
- Policy and Procedures
- Compliance Management
- Software industry member organizations
- Compliance preparations
- Proactive vs. Reactive SAM
- Software Licensing
- License types
- Discovery and Repository tools, Uninstall tools
- Cost Savings and Benefits
- Acquisitions & Negotiations
- Terms and Conditions
- Finance Management
- Software Management
- Business Continuity &
- Contingency planning
- Leadership Changes
- Documentation & SAM
- Disaster Planning and Recovery
- Compliance Factors
- Contracts & EULA
- Lifecycle Management
- Vendor Management
- Data Security
- Disposal Process
- Project Planning
- Change Management
- Questions and Review Before Exam
Partner Portal Menu
Student Portal Menu
Instructor Portal Menu
IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management Self-Paced Training
DOORs Next Generation IBM Rational Team Concert IBM Rational Quality Manager
This course may qualify for
Lock in Savings with LearnPass
Make the most of your budget!
Placeholder do not remove
Placeholder do not remove
Placeholder do not remove
We Guarantee You'll be Satisfied
At LearnQuest, our goal is always the same: to provide the highest quality training and service to each and every customer.
If you’re not satisfied for any reason, simply contact one of our Training Advisors for assistance with your concerns.