Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Developing Applications in IBM Datacap V9.1.7
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course provides technical professionals with the skills that are needed to build Datacap applications.
The course begins with an introduction to IBM Datacap. You learn about capture concepts, Datacap process, page identification methods, and architecture. You process batches for Datacap applications in the Datacap clients.
You learn about the design and components of a Datacap application. You build a Datacap application by using Forms Template in Datacap Studio and configure it. You learn how to troubleshoot a Datacap application. You configure a Datacap application to process documents of multiple page types in a single batch. You implement OCR and OMR to extract data from data fields and from multiple choice check boxes. You export data to a text file and also to an IBM FileNet Content Manager repository.
You build page layouts, create virtual page blocks, and extract data from tables and label-value pairs.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of IBM Datacap.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe capture concepts and Datacap
- Identify the tasks in Datacap process
- Describe the Datacap recognition methods that are used for scanned images
- Understand Datacap architecture
- Process batches in the Datacap clients
- Identify the application development features in Datacap Studio
- Describe the Datacap application design concepts
- Build a Datacap application with Forms Template
- Configure rulesets for a Datacap application
- Examine the logs files for debugging
- Troubleshoot the applications in the Datacap Studio Test tab
- Build an application for processing multiple page types in a batch
- Configure an application for recognition with OMR
- Export data and scanned documents to a FileNet Content Manager repository
- Configure a Datacap application to create page layouts
- Create a virtual page block
- Extract data from tables and label-value pairs
- Exercise 1: Processing Datacap batches
- Exercise 2: Building a Datacap application with Forms Template
- Exercise 3: Configuring rulesets for a Datacap application
- Exercise 4: Troubleshooting a Datacap application
- Exercise 5: Building an application to process multiple page types
- Exercise 6: Configuring an application for recognition with OMR
- Exercise 7: Exporting data to a FileNet Content Manager repository
- Exercise 8: Creating page layouts
- Exercise 9: Creating a virtual page block and extracting values from tables
- Exercise 10: Extracting data from label-value pairs
This course is intended for application developers of IBM Datacap.
Familiarity with data capture concepts
- Introducing IBM Datacap
- Introducing Datacap clients for processing batches
- Exercise: Processing Datacap batches
- Introducing Datacap Studio and application design
- Building a Datacap application with Forms Template
- Exercise: Building a Datacap application with Forms Template
- Configuring rulesets for a Datacap application
- Exercise: Configuring rulesets for a Datacap application
- Troubleshooting a Datacap application
- Exercise: Troubleshooting a Datacap application
- Building an application to process multiple page types
- Exercise: Building an application to process multiple page types
- Configuring an application for recognition with OMR
- Exercise: Configuring an application for recognition with OMR
- Exporting data to a FileNet Content Manager repository
- Exercise: Exporting data to a FileNet Content Manager repository
- Creating page layouts
- Exercise: Creating page layouts
- Creating a virtual page block and extracting data from tables
- Exercise: Creating a virtual page block and extracting data from tables
- Extracting data from label-value pairs
- Exercise: Extracting data from label-value pairs
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Datacap Badge Program →
- Duration: 32 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,260.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 365 DAYS TO ACCESS THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
Upon receipt of the Order Confirmation Letter which includes your Enrollment Key (Access code); the course begins its twelve (12) month access period. IMPORTANT!!! If your course provides access to a hands-on lab (Virtual Lab Environment), you will have a specific number of days (typically 30 days) on the remote lab platform to complete your hands-on labs. Do not start your lab until you are ready to use your lab time effectively. Time allotted in the virtual lab environment will be indicated once you apply the enrollment key. The self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system. Note: This does not add additional days to your Lab Environment time frame.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page