Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Developing Rule Solutions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5 for Travelers
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
OverviewAn updated version of this course is available. For more information, click Developing Rule Solutions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.6 (WB390G).
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course, Developing Rule Solutions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5 (ZB383). This option does not require any travel.
This 4-day instructor-led course introduces developers to IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5. In this course, you learn the concepts and skills that you need to design, develop, and integrate a business rule solution with Operational Decision Manager.
The course begins with an overview of Operational Decision Manager, which is composed of two main environments: IBM Decision Server for technical users and overview of IBM Decision Center for business users. The course outlines the collaboration between development and business teams during project development.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of Decision Server, which is the primary working environment for developers. You design a business rule application, and work with the object models that are required to author and execute rule artifacts. You gain experience with rule deployment and execution within various types of client applications. You work extensively with Rule Execution Server and learn how you can integrate decision services within an enterprise environment.
In addition, you become familiar with rule authoring (via ODM IDE in RAD/RSA) so that you can support business users to set up and customize the rule authoring and validation environments. The lab environment for this course uses Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition.
For information about other related WebSphere courses, visit the WebSphere Education Training Paths website:
- Describe the benefits of implementing a decision management solution with Operational Decision Manager
- Identify the key user roles that are involved in designing and developing a decision management solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Set up and customize the business object model (BOM) and vocabulary for rule authoring
- Implement the execution object model (XOM) that enables rule execution
- Orchestrate rule execution through ruleflows
- Author the rule artifacts to implement business policies
- Debug business rule applications to ensure that the implemented business logic is error-free
- Package and deploy rulesets to test and production environments via Rule Execution Server including unique naming of rule sets to not conflict with other developers in same database
- Integrate decision services for managed execution within an enterprise environment via XU RAR
- Test, monitor, and audit execution of decision services
- Difference between Classic and Decision Engines. Define all execution algorithms – Rete Plus; Sequential; and Fast Path [with ordering -- Priority, Literal, and Default]. Our going forward default is Fast Path.
- Compilation of rules to BRL and performance impact of Decision Tables
- This intermediate course is designed for application developers.
- Experience with the Java programming language and object-oriented concepts
- Experience with Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Big Data
- Unit 2 - Introduction to InfoSphere BigInsights
- Exercise 1 - Installing BigInsights
- Unit 3 - Apache Hadoop and HDFS
- Exercise 2- Exploring Apache Hadoop
- Unit 4 - GPFS-FPO
- Unit 5 - BigInsights Web Console
- Course introduction
- Introducing IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5
- Operational Decision Manager: Business rules
- Exercise: Operational Decision Manager in action
- Programming with business rules
- Exercise: Setting up rule projects
- Developing object models
- Exercise: Working with the BOM
- Exercise: Refactoring
- Orchestrating ruleset execution
- Exercise: Working with ruleflows
- Authoring rules
- Exercise: Exploring action rules
- Exercise: Authoring action rules
- Exercise: Authoring decision tables and decision trees
- Customizing rule vocabulary with categories and domains
- Exercise: Working with static domains
- Exercise: Working with dynamic domains
- Queries and ruleset extraction
- Exercise: Queries and ruleset extraction
- Debugging rules
- Exercise: Executing rules locally
- Exercise: Debugging a ruleset
- Managing deployment (locally)
- Exercise: Managing deployment
- Executing rules with Rule Execution Server
- Exercise: Exploring the Rule Execution Server console
- Exercise: Executing rules with Rule Execution Server in Java SE
- Exercise: Executing rules with Rule Execution Server in Java EE
- Auditing and monitoring ruleset execution
- Exercise: Testing ruleset execution in Rule Execution Server console
- Course summary
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page