Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Configuring IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The Event Manager component of IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps is a carrier-class service assurance system. It collects and consolidates events and alarms from a wide variety of IT environments in real time. These include servers, mainframes, Windows systems, applications, circuit switches, voice switches, IP routers, SNMP devices, network management applications, existing management systems and frameworks, among many others.
IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager also adds intelligence to your events, allowing you to cast a wide net to ingest relevant data from any source, process it in an intelligent, automated way, analyze the data, see which applications or parts of the infrastructure are impacted, share it and even suggest guided steps to mitigate or resolve issues automatically.
One key benefit of Event Manager's machine learning features is a reduction in the number of events. By detecting, correlating, grouping, and suppressing the 'noise' that IT systems generate, your operators can focus their attention on key events that represent actual problems.
This 2-day course teaches you how to configure IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager for productive use. Through hands-on lab activities, you learn how to configure a new installation of Event Manager to:
- Connect to event sources and enrich incoming events
- Apply machine learning to find relationships among events
- Add topology data to identify groups of connected resources and calculate root cause
- Create automated fixes for known problems and match them to incoming problem events
You also get hands-on practice with other common configuration tasks, such as user management and database customization. This course focuses on IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager running on the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Describe the event management capabilities of the IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps
- Connect Event Manager to incoming data sources
- Work with Temporal and seasonal event analytics
- Configure the Event Manager topology service
- Create scope-based groups
- Create runbooks and map them to incoming events
- Work with triggers
- Manage users
This course is intended for administrators of IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager.
- Experience with Linux
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift Container platform (RHOCP)
- Experience with IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager is helpful, but not required
- Course introduction
- Unit 1. IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps overview
- Exercise 1. About your lab environment
- Unit 2. Installing IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps AI Manager
- Exercise 2. Installing IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps AI Manager
- Unit 3. Installing IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager
- Exercise 3. Installing IBM Cloud Pak for Watson AIOps Event Manager
- Unit 4. Installing the Event Manager Gateway
- Exercise 4. Installing the Event Manager Gateway
- Course summary
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Cloud Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page