Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM DS8000 Implementation Workshop for Open Systems
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is designed to help you understand, install, and monitor the DS8000 for the Open Systems environment. The exercises enable you to perform a step-by-step implementation.
• Recall the DS8000 models and features
• Remember the architecture and hardware associated with the DS8000
• Classify the DS8000 virtualization concepts
• Summarize the DS8000 DS8000 command-line interface
• Summarize the DS8000 graphical user interface
• List the Copy Services features
• Classify the features associated with performance, tuning, and monitoring
• List the steps required to configure the DS8000 for Open Systems environment
• Recognize the IBM DS8000 solutions for Business Continuity
This intermediate course is for System administrators and technical personnel who need to install a DS8000 in their environment.
Introduction to Storage - (SS01G)
Planning and Implementation a SAN - (SN71G)
More details are available at www.ibm.com/training
- Welcome and introduction
- Unit 1: IBM DS family, DS8000 overview
- Unit 2: Architecture and hardware overview
- Unit 3: Virtualization concepts
- Unit 4: DS command-line interface (DS CLI)
- Unit 5: DS8000 Storage Manager GUI
- Unit 6: Host system attachment
- Exercise 0: Lab setup and preliminary instructions
- Exercise 1: DS8000 DS CLI: Installation and configuration
- Exercise 2: DS8000 DS CLI: DDMs, array sites, arrays, ranks, and extent pools
- Exercise 3: Windows Server preparation
- Exercise 4: Windows Server attachment to the DS8000
- Exercise 5: AIX Server attachment to the DS8000
- Exercise 6: DS8000 Storage Manager: Arrays, ranks, and extent pools
- Exercise 7: DS8000 Storage Manager: FB volumes, volume groups, and hosts
- Exercise 8: DS8000 Storage Manager: Other functions
- Exercise 9: DS8000 Easy Tier: Dynamic Volume Relocation
- Exercise 10: DS8000 Easy Tier: Dynamic Extent Pool Merge
- Unit 7: Performance, tuning, and monitoring
- Unit 8: Business Continuity: Copy Services
- Unit 9: Summary
- Exercise 11: DS8000 Storage Manager: Thin provisioning
- Open lab sessions
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Disk Systems Badge Program →
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page