Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat High Availability Clustering Video Classroom
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Deploy reliable, available critical production services in a high availability cluster
In the Red Hat High Availability Clustering (RH436) course, you will learn how to provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment through the deployment and management of shared storage and server clusters. Created for senior Linux system administrators, this 4-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities.
You will set up a cluster of systems running the Pacemaker component of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux High-Availability Add-On, and deploy Linux-based services such as web servers and databases on that cluster. Cluster storage components from the Resilient Storage Add-On are also covered; installations and applications that require multiple cluster nodes can access the same storage simultaneously. This includes Logical Volume Manager (LVM) Shared Volume Groups, Red Hat Global File System 2 (GFS2), and Device-Mapper Multipath.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.3.
- Install and configure a Pacemaker-based high availability cluster.
- Create and manage highly available services.
- Troubleshoot common cluster issues.
- Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing.
- Implement Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in cluster-aware configurations.
- Configure GFS2 file systems on storage shared by multiple nodes.
- Senior Linux system administrators who use high-availability clustering and fault-tolerant shared storage technologies to maximize resiliency of production services.
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) and associated courses.
- Red Hat Cerfitied Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX294) and associated courses.
- Internet access is required.
- Creating high availability clusters
- Create a basic high availability cluster.
- Managing cluster nodes and quorum
- Manage node membership in the cluster and describe how it impacts cluster operation.
- Isolating malfunctioning cluster nodes
- Isolate unresponsive cluster nodes to protect data and recover services and resources after a failure.
- Creating and configuring resources
- Create basic resources and resource groups to provide highly available services.
- Troubleshooting high availability clusters
- Identify, diagnose, and fix cluster issues.
- Automating cluster and resource deployment
- Deploy a new high availability cluster and cluster resources using Ansible automation.
- Managing two-node clusters
- Operate two-node clusters while identifying and avoiding issues specific to a two-node cluster configuration.
- Accessing iSCSI storage
- Configure iSCSI initiators on your servers to access block-based storage devices provided by network storage arrays or Ceph storage clusters.
- Accessing storage devices resiliently
- Configure resilient access to storage devices that have multiple access paths.
- Configuring LVM in clusters
- Select, configure, and manage the correct LVM configuration for use in your cluster.
- Providing storage with the GFS2 cluster file system
- Use the GFS2 cluster file system to simultaneously pProvide tightly coupled shared storage that can be accessed by multiple nodes.
- Eliminating single points of failure
- Identify and eliminate single points of failure in your cluster to decrease risk and increase average service availability.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact a training specialist.
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Self-Paced Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page