Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat Services Management and Automation Online Training
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Learn how to configure, manage, and scale key services used in the data center
Red Hat Services Management and Automation (RH358) is designed for IT professionals with some experience managing Linux® systems and want to learn more about how to manage and deploy network services included with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux which are particularly important in the modern IT data center. You will learn how to install, configure, and manage basic configurations of these services manually, and then use Red Hat Ansible® Engine to automate your work in a scalable, repeatable manner.
This course is based on Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.1.
- Provide key network services using software included with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, including DNS with Unbound and BIND9, DHCP and DHCPv6, client e-mail transmission, printing service, NFS and SMB protocol file sharing, SQL database service with MariaDB, and web services using Apache HTTPD, nginx, Varnish, and HAProxy.
- Configure advanced networking for server use cases, including device teaming.
- Use Red Hat Ansible Engine to automate the manual deployment and configuration tasks covered in this course.
Linux system administrators, site reliability engineers, and other IT professionals with some Ansible experience who are interested in learning how to manage and automate the deployment, configuration, and operation of key network services included with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, or demonstrate equivalent skills in Linux system administration and Ansible automation.
- Manage network services
- Discuss and review key tools and skills needed to manage network services.
- Configure link aggregation
- Improve the redundancy or throughput of network connections of servers by configuring Linux network teaming between multiple network interfaces.
- Manage DNS and DNS servers
- Explain the operation of DNS service, troubleshoot DNS issues, and configure servers to act as a DNS caching nameserver or as an authoritative name server.
- Manage DHCP and IP address assignment
- Explain and configure services used for IPv4 and IPv6 address assignment including DHCP, DHCPv6, and SLAAC.
- Manage printers and printing files
- Configure systems to print to a network printer that supports IPP Everywhere, as well as manage existing printer queues.
- Configure email transmission
- Discuss how mail servers operate, then configure a server to use system tools and Postfix to send email messages through an outbound mail relay.
- Configure MariaDB SQL databases
- Discuss the basic operation of SQL-based relational databases, perform basic SQL queries for troubleshooting, and be able to set up a simple MariaDB database service.
- Configure web servers
- Provide web content from Apache HTTPD or Nginx web servers, then configure them with virtual hosts and TLS-based encryption.
- Optimize web server traffic
- Improve performance of your web servers by using Varnish to cache static content being served and HAProxy to terminate TLS connections and balance load between servers.
- Provide file-based network storage
- Deliver simple file-based network shares to clients using the NFS and SMB protocols.
- Access block-based network storage
- Configure iSCSI initiators on your servers to access block-based storage devices provided by network storage arrays or Ceph storage clusters.
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Self-Paced Training
- Price: 400.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page