Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat System Administration III: Data Center Services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Video Classroom
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Broaden your ability to administer Linux systems and prepare for your Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam
Red Hat System Administration III: Data Center Services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RH254) is designed for experienced Linux® system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) credential or possess equivalent skills and want to broaden their ability to administer Linux systems at an enterprise level.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.
The course is focused on deploying and managing network servers running caching domain name service (DNS), MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with network file system (NFS) and server message block (SMB), iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Through lectures and hands-on labs, students who have already earned the RHCSA credential will be exposed to all competencies covered by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX300).
Note: This course does not cover all RHCSA tasks. Students who need a review of RHCSA skills are encouraged to attend the RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199).
This course is intended for experienced Linux administrators wishing to learn enterprise-level automation techniques through scripting, how to deploy and secure network services, and how to manage other key security features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Prior to taking this course, you should have earned your RHCSA or possess equivalent skills.
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA certification, confirmation of the correct skills and knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment
- Control services and daemons
- Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl.
- Manage IPv6 networking
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Configure link aggregation and bridging
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges.
- Control network port security
- Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques.
- Manage DNS for servers
- Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching.
- Configure email delivery
- Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery.
- Provide block-based storage
- Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks.
- Provide file-based storage
- Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users.
- Configure MariaDB databases
- Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators.
- Provide Apache HTTPD web service
- Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts.
- Write bash scripts
- Write simple shell scripts using bash.
- Bash conditionals and control structures
- Use bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts.
- Configure the shell environment
- Customize bash startup and use environment variables, bash aliases, and bash functions.
- Comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.
- Duration: 5 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,800.00 USD
- Duration: 90 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 3,230.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page