Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Red Hat System Administration I Online Training
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The first of two courses covering the core system administration tasks needed to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux system administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration competence by focusing on core administration tasks. This course also provides a foundation for students who plan to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools.
This course is the first of a two-course series that takes a computer professional without Linux system administration knowledge to become a fully capable Linux administrator. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134).
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 9.0.
- Introduce Linux and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ecosystem.
- Run commands and view shell environments.
- Manage, organize, and secure files.
- Manage users, groups and user security policies.
- Control and monitor systemd services.
- Configure remote access using the web console and SSH.
- Configure network interfaces and settings.
- Archive and copy files from one system to another.
- Manage software using DNF
- The primary persona is a technical professional with current or pending responsibilities as a Linux enterprise or cloud system administrator.
- This course is popular in Red Hat Academy, and is targeted at the student who is planning to become a technical professional using Linux.
- Basic technical user skills with computer applications on some operating systems are expected.
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- There are no special technical requirements for this course.
- This course is not designed for bring your own device (BYOD).
- Internet access is not required but is recommended so that students can research and browse Red Hat online resources.
- Get started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Describe and define open source, Linux distributions, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Access the command line
- Log into a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
- Manage files from the command line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files while working from the bash shell.
- Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using local help systems.
- Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage text files from command output or in a text editor.
- Manage local users and groups
- Create, manage, and delete local users and groups, as well as administer local password policies.
- Control access to files
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Evaluate and control processes running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Control services and daemons
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd.
- Configure and secure SSH
- Configure secure command line service on remote systems, using OpenSSH.
- Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret logs of system events for troubleshooting purposes.
- Manage networking
- Configure network interfaces and settings on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Archive and transfer files
- Archive and copy files from one system to another.
- Install and update software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and DNF package repositories.
- Access Linux files systems
- Access, inspect, and use existing file systems on storage attached to a Linux server.
- Analyze servers and get support
- Investigate and resolve issues in the web-based management interface, getting support from Red Hat to help solve problems.
- Comprehensive review
- Review the content covered in this course by completing hands-on exercises.
- Duration: 5 Days
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,800.00 USD
- Duration: 90 Days
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training
- Price: 3,230.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page