Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Ansible Basics: Automation Technical Overview Video Classroom
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Create, scale, and manage automation with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Ansible Basics: Automation Technical Overview (DO007) is a series of on-demand, online videos that introduce you to the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. Learn configuration management, provisioning, deploying, and managing compute infrastructure across cloud, virtual, and physical environments with Ansible.
Note: You can view all videos or only the ones that interest you. There are no hands-on labs or course completion recognition associated with this course.
IT leaders, administrators, engineers, architects, and anyone else seeking a high-level understanding of Ansible and to learn to build Ansible from the ground up.
- We recommend having basic Linux® system administration skills.
- Course overview: What you can expect to learn in this Technical Overview
- Ansible introduction: The benefits of the Ansible Automation Platform
- Creating automation: Understanding how Ansible works
- Ansible basics: Using Ansible inventories, main Ansible config file, and modules
- Playbook basics: Using Ansible plays, tasks and modules, and playbook runs
- Ansible variables: Understanding variables, debug module, Ansible facts
- Ansible constructs: Using conditionals, handlers, loops
- Templating: Building templates, template module, Jinja2
- Roles: Understanding what roles are and what they look like, and using Galaxy and Automation Hub
- Introduction to automation controller: Operationalizing your automation
- Building an automation job: Understanding inventories, credentials, syncing a project, and building a job template
- Self-Service IT: Using surveys and building a job template
- Role-based access control: Setting access controls for organizations and teams
- Workflows: Using workflow visualizer and understanding convergence and divergence
- Next steps: Where to learn more about Ansible
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX294)
Take this course as part of a Red Hat Learning Subscription, which gives you on-demand, unlimited access to our online learning resources for an entire year.
Fill out a free assessment to establish your skill level on Red Hat products and identify where you can start on the path that a learning subscription can help you travel.
Tell us who should be the next RHCP of the year
Now accepting submissions for the 2023 Red Hat Certified Professional of the Year award. Make a case for yourself or nominate someone you know.Nominate now
Get ready for your Red Hat remote exam
Learn the best practices for how to prepare for your remote exam with our tips and guidance on setup, system requirements, and moreView the e-book
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Cloud services
- See all products
- My account
- Customer support
- Partner resources
- Developer resources
- Training and certification
- Learning community
- Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog
- Resource library
Try, buy, sell
- Product trial center
- Red Hat Store
- Red Hat Marketplace
- Buy online (Japan)
- Find a partner
- Contact consulting
- Contact sales
- Contact training
About Red Hat
We're the world's leading provider of enterprise open source solutionsâ€”including Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes. We deliver hardened solutions that make it easier for enterprises to work across platforms and environments, from the core datacenter to the network edge.
Subscribe to our newsletter, Red Hat Shares
Select a language
Red Hat legal and privacy links
- About Red Hat
- Contact Red Hat
- Red Hat Blog
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Cool Stuff Store
Red Hat legal and privacy links
- Privacy statement
- All policies and guidelines
- Digital accessibility