Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cloud Pak for Data: Administration
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
The course takes the learner through the journey of learning about Kubernetes and OpenShift as the platform for Cloud Pak for Data. The course focuses on the Day 2 Operations of managing the Cloud Pak for Data platform once it has been installed. The course goes through the administration of the OpenShift web console, the Cloud Pak for Data web client and the cluster, including scaling services, backup and restore, and disaster recovery. Additional Day 2 Operations include troubleshooting the components of the cluster, monitoring, and metering. The scope of this course is the administrative capabilities of Cloud Pak for Data and the related OpenShift capabilities required to perform those functions. For deeper learning on OpenShift administration, refer to the Red Hat OpenShift Administration course.
NOTE: This offering is part of the Digital Learning Subscription and provides the learner with the course content as soon as they are developed. The course is divided into units, which are released as soon as they are ready allowing for immediate learning. The learner can subscribe to the course forum to be notified when a new unit is released.
• Introduction to Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift • Perform administration tasks in the Cloud Pak for Data web client • Perform basic administration tasks in the Red Hat OpenShift web console • Perform administration tasks on the Cloud Pak for Data Cluster • Troubleshoot Cloud Pak for Data cluster problems • Perform monitoring and metering operations on the Cloud Pak for Data cluster
Cloud Pak for Data Administrators
Foundational knowledge of IBM Cloud Pak for Data or you have taken the IBM Cloud Pak for Data: Foundations course.
Introduction to Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
• Describe the basic concepts of Kubernetes and OpenShift
• Explain the overall OpenShift architecture
• Describe the components of the architecture
• Describe the difference between resource quotas, limits and requests
• Identify the Day 2 Operations Perform administration tasks in the Cloud Pak for Data web client
• Manage users, roles and permissions
• Manage and monitor resource deployments on the cluster
• Manage pods
• Gather diagnostic information for troubleshooting and support
• Manage Watson Studio environments and notebooks Perform basic administration tasks in the Red Hat OpenShift web console
• Overview of the web console
• Access the web console and view cluster information
• Manage Pods
• Manage Routes
• Manage Nodes Perform administration tasks on the Cloud Pak for Data Cluster
• Scale services on the cluster
• Backup, restore, and disaster recovery operations
• Add nodes to a cluster (OpenShift)
• Migrate Cloud Pak for Data metadata and clusters Troubleshoot Cloud Pak for Data cluster problems
• Verify nodes' health
• Troubleshoot pods and image registry
• Inspect Portworx volumes
• Obtain utlilization metrics
• Troubleshoot cluster operators
• Restart OpenShift clusters Perform monitoring and metering operations on the Cloud Pak for Data cluster
• Perform monitoring and metering operations on the OpenShift Console
• Configure OpenShift Monitoring
• Enable email alerts
• Describe the Container Licencing and Licence Service
• Audit Cloud Pak for Data
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
IBM Web Based Training courses are sold on a per-user basis. WBT courses provide a training advantage for you and your teams, helping you get up to speed quickly. Take the courses you need, at your convenience and at your own pace.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
System RequirementsTo participate in this course, the student workstation must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Minimum of 256 MB of memory
- Windows Vista or Windows 7-10 (32-bit or 64-bit edition)
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher or Firefox ESR
- 128-bit encryption
- Citrix Receiver for connection to the IBM Remote Lab Platform
- Access to Internet with at least 128 kbps down and 128 kbps up
- Other platforms/combinations may work but are not officially supported by IBM.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page