IBM and LearnQuest Badge Program - WebSphere Transformation Extender Series
LearnQuest is working together with IBM to offer IBM training courses and award digital badges upon successful completion and attainment of course objectives.
This badge holder has demonstrated how to use the IBM Transformation Extender Design Studio to define, transform, and route business objects and complex flat file data. The recipient understands the IBM Transformation Extender product and its features, creating and deploying maps, working with a resource registry, retrieving/updating data from database. The badge holder has demonstrated skills such as optimizing maps, handling and logging errors, defining data, and indexing output.
Click here for course objectives.
Badge Criteria and Activities
Badge earners have successfully achieved class objectives demonstrated by progress in lab exercises, attendance, participation in question & answer sessions, and/or assessments associated with:
- Compare Rational Application Developer and WebSphere Portlet Factory
- Locate developer resources
- Review portlet concepts, such as the portlet lifecycle, WAR file architecture, core, objects, and methods
- Set up a development environment
- Perform basics of creating a project, deploying a portlet, starting and stopping a server, and adding a portlet to a page
- Defining workspaces & projects
- Using the Type Designer to define data structures, data properties, data components as type trees, type design & mapping techniques, the Resource Registry
- Validating type trees
- Transforming flat files
- Implementing error handling
- Optimizing map performance