Service Fundamentals (2018)
Filter Area Unfilter
10AM - 5:30PM
10AM - 5PM
San Francisco CA
There are no virtual classes on the schedule in your country.
There are no public classes currently scheduled in your country.
View our global class schedule
This course is available in private, mentoring or e-learning options.
Complete this form, and a Training Advisor will be in touch with you shortly to address your training needs.
Tell us a little about yourself:
Training for Apple Service Fundamentals is available to technicians who work at or wish to work at Apple-authorized service facilities.
- Identify and validate customer engagement skills such as empathy, setting expectations, positioning a refusal of service, and conflict resolution
- Position a repair, upgrade, or attachment so it's clear that the recommendation helps to solve the customer's issue
- Identify and validate strategies for setting realistic resolution expectations
- Identify and practice ESD precautions
- Identify the customer statements that generate a Safety First case
- Demonstrate the proper and safe handling of batteries and portable computer case assemblies with a built-in battery, and respond to events that involve these batteries
- Explain why documentation is important to the service workflow. Understand the components of clear, concise, and complete case notes and the negative impact of poor case notes.
- Find and use any Apple product's serial number to determine its level of coverage
- Describe the importance of accurate troubleshooting to the business and the customer
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills, including the use of smart questioning techniques and first-level evaluation and isolation skills
- List the tools and resources that are available to help troubleshoot
- This lesson has five parts. The Interpersonal Skills and Asking Questions sections teach participants how to communicate with the customer, while the Partnering with the Customer, Educational Opportunities, and Providing Solutions sections teach participants how to handle interactions in the supportive and sensitive manner that defines Apple's superior customer service.
- Participants understand how both good and poor case notes affect service metrics and learn how to write clear, easily understood notes that can be used effectively as part of a repair and its history.
- Participants learn about the fundamental resources available to technicians. Resources play a critical role of informing the technician how to evaluate, isolate and resolve customer issues.
- Participants understand why an ESD-safe working environment is important.
- Participants recognize potential product safety issues, and customer-facing technicians learn the right vocabulary, phrases, and positioning statements to use when they transfer customers to a supervisor.
- Participants learn about embedded batteries and the important safety procedures they must follow when they work with and near these batteries.
- Participants learn how to use GSX to help in repairs.
- Participants learn how to create, manage, and troubleshoot Apple IDs.
- Participants learn the components of both operating systems and how to detect and resolve common issues.
- Participants learn how to set up and configure networking options on macOS and iOS. Participants also learn to configure iCloud and resolve potential customer issues.
- Participants explore the Evaluate, Isolate, and Resolve troubleshooting model. They also learn how to begin troubleshooting by using deductive reasoning, smart questioning techniques, and first-level evaluation tools and resources.
- Participants learn how to configure and troubleshoot continuity-related features.
- Participants learn how to configure mail accounts and troubleshoot common issues.
- Participants learn to identify different models of Apple Watch and list controls and navigations options.
- Participants learn the settings, features, and troubleshooting techniques associated with Apple TV and tvOS.
- Participants learn to explain the features and functions of the Home App as well as how to configure and troubleshoot.
- Participants learn the basics of setting up and supporting Apple Pay.
- Participants learn how to determine the current warranty status of any Apple product.
Partner Portal Menu
Student Portal Menu
Instructor Portal Menu
IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management Self-Paced Training
DOORs Next Generation IBM Rational Team Concert IBM Rational Quality Manager
This course may qualify for
Lock in Savings with LearnPass
Make the most of your budget!
Placeholder do not remove
Placeholder do not remove
Placeholder do not remove
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 10% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 10% on any course !
Promo Code LQ10 will be applied to your registration
We Guarantee You'll be Satisfied
At LearnQuest, our goal is always the same: to provide the highest quality training and service to each and every customer.
If you’re not satisfied for any reason, simply contact one of our Training Advisors for assistance with your concerns.