Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
z/OS UNIX System Services Implementation
This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to install and customize z/OS UNIX (full name z/OS UNIX System Services), and to manage and monitor the z/OS UNIX environment.
- Execute the tasks required to prepare a z/OS installation for implementing z/OS UNIX
- Execute the tasks to install the z/OS UNIX software features
- Use the information provided in this class to perform the basic customization necessary to fully implement the z/OS UNIX kernel, the file system, the shell and utilities, and z/OS UNIX applications
- Put in place the RACF security required for z/OS UNIX resources and applications
- Make appropriate definitions for the activation of TCP/IP sockets by z/OS UNIX
- Identify and use the processes and data required for monitoring and tuning the z/OS UNIX environment
This is an intermediate course for experienced data professionals such as z/OS system programmers, who are responsible for the installation and maintenance of z/OS UNIX.
- a basic knowledge of z/OS UNIX as provided in the course Introducing z/OS UNIX Services (OP05)
You should have:
- Unit 1: z/OS UNIX implementation overview
- Unit 2: z/OS UNIX services initial installation
- Exercise 1: Move from default to full mode function
- Exercise 2: IPL in full function mode and enable a nonvolatile root HFS
- Unit 3: File system customization
- Exercise 3: Customizing the file system
- Unit 4: Security customization
- Exercise 4: Defining and managing UNIX users, OMVS security
- Unit 5: Shell customization
- Exercise 5: UNIX System Services and shell customization
- Unit 6: Customizing applications, daemons, and servers
- Exercise 6: UNIX processes
- Exercise 7: Access control list and enhanced ASCII support (optional)
- Unit 7: File system management and system maintenance
- Exercise 8: Managing HFS and zFS data sets
- Unit 8: Managing z/OS UNIX operations
- Unit 9: Exploiting TCP/IP with z/OS UNIX
- Exercise 9: Managing z/OS UNIX
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM z/OS Badge Program →
- Duration: 20 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,445.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page