Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
z/OS UNIX System Services Implementation
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to install and customize z/OS UNIX (full name z/OS UNIX System Services), and to manage and monitor the z/OS UNIX environment.
- Execute the tasks required to prepare a z/OS installation for implementing z/OS UNIX
- Execute the tasks to install the z/OS UNIX software features
- Use the information provided in this class to perform the basic customization necessary to fully implement the z/OS UNIX kernel, the file system, the shell and utilities, and z/OS UNIX applications
- Put in place the RACF security required for z/OS UNIX resources and applications
- Make appropriate definitions for the activation of TCP/IP sockets by z/OS UNIX
- Identify and use the processes and data required for monitoring and tuning the z/OS UNIX environment
This is an intermediate course for experienced data professionals such as z/OS system programmers, who are responsible for the installation and maintenance of z/OS UNIX.
- a basic knowledge of z/OS UNIX as provided in the course Introducing z/OS UNIX Services (OP05)
You should have:
- Unit 1: z/OS UNIX implementation overview
- Unit 2: z/OS UNIX services initial installation
- Exercise 1: Move from default to full mode function
- Exercise 2: IPL in full function mode and enable a nonvolatile root HFS
- Unit 3: File system customization
- Exercise 3: Customizing the file system
- Unit 4: Security customization
- Exercise 4: Defining and managing UNIX users, OMVS security
- Unit 5: Shell customization
- Exercise 5: UNIX System Services and shell customization
- Unit 6: Customizing applications, daemons, and servers
- Exercise 6: UNIX processes
- Exercise 7: Access control list and enhanced ASCII support (optional)
- Unit 7: File system management and system maintenance
- Exercise 8: Managing HFS and zFS data sets
- Unit 8: Managing z/OS UNIX operations
- Unit 9: Exploiting TCP/IP with z/OS UNIX
- Exercise 9: Managing z/OS UNIX
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM z/OS Badge Program →
- Duration: 20 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 2,445.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page