Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Test Management with IBM Rational Quality Manager v6.0.5 (IBM Engineering Test Management)
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Please note that as of version 6.0.6, the IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) has been renamed to IBM Engineering Test Management (ETM)
This course introduces test managers to the basics of using IBM Rational Quality Manager V6 to manage a test effort within a software development project. The course teaches how to plan the test effort, develop test artifacts, align with requirements and development, manage the test team's work, monitor progress, submit and track defects, and report test results and status. Through hands-on lab exercises that reinforce learning, you will experience the benefits of test management that is integrated with requirements and development through the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM). IBM Rational Quality Manager is a key component of the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), providing quality management capabilities in a fully-integrated environment that can also include Rational Team Concert for change and configuration management, and Rational Requirements Composer for requirements definition and management.
Understand CLM and Global Configuration. Develop a test plan. Define schedules, test environments, and lab resources. Develop a test case and a test script. Create a test suite. Run tests. Submit a defect. Monitor the test effort. Report test results and status.
Anyone who need to understand how to plan and manage a test effort with IBM Rational Quality Manager (renamed to IBM Engineering Test Management (ETM)) , including:
- Test managers,
- Test leads,
- Quality managers,
- Project managers,
- business analysts,
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Familiarity with applications for the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Familiarity with Web browsers
You should have:
CLM Introduction (45 min)
- CLM Overview and Capabilitites
- CLM Features and Traceability
Introduction to RQM (60 min)
- Overview of RQM
- RQM Project areas
- Navigating the RQM application
- Using a dashboard
Planning the test effort (90 min)
- Test plan overview
- Manage test plan templates
- Create a detailed test plan
- Customize a test plan
- Assign sections to team members
Developing the test plan (120 min)
- Find assigned test plan sections
- Align requirements and development plans
- Define risks
- Define test schedules and test estimation
- Define platform coverage and test environments
Evaluation the test plan (60 min)
- Run planning reports
- Prepare a test plan for review
- Review a test plan
- Approve a test plan
Developing test cases (90 min)
- Test case overview
- Generate test cases from requirements
- Create a test case
- Detail a test case
Developing test suites (30 min)
- Test suites overview
- Developing test suites
Developing test scripts (60 min)
- Test scripts overview
- Creating and defining test scripts
- Using keywords
Managing test execution records (60 min)
- Test execution record overview
- Generating test execution records
- Assigning, sorting, and filtering test execution records
Running tests (60 min)
- Running manual tests
- Submitting defects
- Test execution results
- Running test suites
- Running automated tests
Reporting test status (30 min)
- Reports overview
- Running reports
- Customizing reports
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management Badge Program →
Test Management with IBM Rational Quality Manager v6.0.5ODC8020GW
- Duration: 16 Hours
- Delivery Format: Self-Paced Training (WBT)
- Price: 415.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
- Same in-demand topics as instructor-led public and private classes.
- Standalone learning or supplemental reinforcement.
- e-Learning content varies by course and technology.
- View the Self-Paced version of this outline and what is included in the SPVC course.
- Learn more about e-Learning
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page