Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Debugging and Maintaining COBOL Programs
OverviewThis course is designed to provide students with the skills to test and debug COBOL programs. Students will test, analyze and debug COBOL programs running under TSO.
- Discuss why COBOL programs fail and abends that occur with COBOL programs
- Recognize how numbers can become corrupted
- Implement testing strategies
- Review a dump to identify the failing instruction and the data that caused the failure.
- Experience coding COBOL programs, as well as TSO and JCL
- Numbering Systems
- Decimal, Binary, and Hexadecimal Table
- Testing Strategies
- Unit Testing
- System (Integration) Testing
- Regression Testing
- Standard Compiler Listing
- Expanded Compiler Listing
- Usefulness of listings w/Abends
- A 7 Step Abend Solving Methodology
- System Abends
- Common System Abend Codes
- Common User Abend Codes
- Deliberately Abending a Program with ILBOABN0
- Analyze a dump generated because of a S0C7 abend
- JES Job Log Notes
- Summary and Review
- Students will work in teams or individually to identify and fix 8 COBOL programs with bugs in them
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page