Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM InfoSphere DataStage v11.5 - Advanced Data Processing
Valid through October 31, 2022
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
This course is designed to introduce you to advanced parallel job data processing techniques in DataStage v11.5. In this course you will develop data techniques for processing different types of complex data resources including relational data, unstructured data (Excel spreadsheets), and XML data. In addition, you will learn advanced techniques for processing data, including techniques for masking data and techniques for validating data using data rules. Finally, you will learn techniques for updating data in a star schema data warehouse using the DataStage SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions) stage. Even if you are not working with all of these specific types of data, you will benefit from this course by learning advanced DataStage job design techniques, techniques that go beyond those utilized in the DataStage Essentials course.
- Use Connector stages to read from and write to database tables
- Handle SQL errors in Connector stages
- Use Connector stages with multiple input links
- Use the File Connector stage to access Hadoop HDFS data
- Optimize jobs that write to database tables
- Use the Unstructured Data stage to extract data from Excel spreadsheets
- Use the Data Masking stage to mask sensitive data processed within a DataStage job
- Use the Hierarchical stage to parse, compose, and transform XML data
- Use the Schema Library Manager to import and manage XML schemas
- Use the Data Rules stage to validate fields of data within a DataStage job
- Create custom data rules for validating data
- Design a job that processes a star schema data warehouse with Type 1 and Type 2 slowly changing dimensions
Experienced DataStage developers seeking training in more advanced DataStage job techniques and who seek techniques for working with complex types of data resources.
DataStage Essentials course or equivalent.
Unit 1 - Accessing databasesTopic 1: Connector stage overview
• Use Connector stages to read from and write to relational tables
• Working with the Connector stage propertiesTopic 2: Connector stage functionality
• Before / After SQL
• Sparse lookups
• Optimize insert/update performanceTopic 3: Error handling in Connector stages
• Reject links
• Reject conditionsTopic 4: Multiple input links
• Designing jobs using Connector stages with multiple input links
• Ordering records across multiple input linksTopic 5: File Connector stage
• Read and write data to Hadoop file systemsDemonstration 1: Handling database errorsDemonstration 2: Parallel jobs with multiple Connector input linksDemonstration 3: Using the File Connector stage to read and write HDFS files
Unit 2 - Processing unstructured dataTopic 1: Using the Unstructured Data stage in DataStage jobs
• Extract data from an Excel spreadsheet
• Specify a data range for data extraction in an Unstructured Data stage
• Specify document properties for data extraction.Demonstration 1: Processing unstructured data
Unit 3 - Data maskingTopic 1: Using the Data Masking stage in DataStage jobs
• Data masking techniques
• Data masking policies
• Applying policies for masquerading context-aware data types
• Applying policies for masquerading generic data types
• Repeatable replacement
• Using reference tables
• Creating custom reference tablesDemonstration 1: Data masking
Unit 4 - Using data rulesTopic 1: Introduction to data rules
• Using the Data Rules Editor
• Selecting data rules
• Binding data rule variables
• Output link constraints
• Adding statistics and attributes to the output informationTopic 2: Use the Data Rules stage to valid foreign key references in source dataTopic 3: Create custom data rulesDemonstration 1: Using data rules
Unit 5 - Processing XML dataTopic 1: Introduction to the Hierarchical stage
• Hierarchical stage Assembly editor
• Use the Schema Library Manager to import and manage XML schemasTopic 2: Composing XML data
• Using the HJoin step to create parent-child relationships between input lists
• Using the Composer stepTopic 3: Writing Hierarchical data to a relational tableTopic 4: Using the Regroup stepTopic 5: Consuming XML data
• Using the XML Parser step
• Propagating columnsTopic 6: Transforming XML data
• Using the Aggregate step
• Using the Sort step
• Using the Switch step
• Using the H-Pivot stepDemonstration 1: Importing XML schemasDemonstration 2: Compose hierarchical dataDemonstration 3: Consume hierarchical dataDemonstration 4: Transform hierarchical data
Unit 6: Updating a star schema databaseTopic 1: Surrogate keys
• Design a job that creates and updates a surrogate key source key file from a dimension tableTopic 2: Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) stage
• Star schema databases
• SCD stage Fast Path pages
• Specifying purpose codes
• Dimension update specification
• Design a job that processes a star schema database with Type 1 and Type 2 slowly changing dimensionsDemonstration 1: Build a parallel job that updates a star schema database with two dimensions
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn a Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards, and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.Learn more about our IBM Infosphere Badge Program →
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 815.00 USD
- Duration: 32 Hours
- Delivery Format: Classroom Training, Online Training
- Price: 3,260.00 USD
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page