Please take a moment to fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
IBM Cognos Cube Designer - Design Dynamic Cubes (v11.0) - SPVC
AWS Training Pass
Take advantage of flexible training options with the AWS Training Pass and get Authorized AWS Training for a full year.
Contains: PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course provides participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using IBM Cognos Cube Designer. Participants will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing a dynamic cube, and enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Please refer to course overview
• Knowledge of dimensional modeling and design. Experience using the IBM Cognos Analytics portal and Administration.
1: Introduction to IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes
• Define and differentiate Dynamic Cubes
• Dynamic Cubes characteristics
• Examine Dynamic Cube requirements
• Examine Dynamic Cube components
• Examine high level architecture
• IBM Cognos Dynamic Query
• Review Dimensional Data Structures
• Dynamic Cubes caching2: Create and design a Dynamic Cube
• Explore the IBM Cognos Cube Designer
• Review the cube development process
• Examine the Automatic Cube Generation
• Manual development overview
• Create dimensions
• Model the cube
• Best practice for effective modeling3: Deploy and configure a Dynamic Cube
• Deploy a cube
• Explore the Estimate Hardware Requirements
• Identify cube management tasks
• Examine Query Service administration
• Explore Dynamic Cube properties
• Schedule cube actions
• Use the DCAdmin comment line tool4: Advanced Dynamic Cube modeling
• Examine advanced modeling concepts
• Explore modeling caveats
• Calculated measures and members
• Model Relative Time
• Explore the Current Period property
• Define period aggregation rules for measures5:Advanced features of Cube Designer
• Examine multilingual support
• Examine ragged hierarchies and padding members
• Define Parent-Child Dimensions
• Refresh Metadata
• Import Framework Manager packages
• Filter measures and dimensions 6: Optimize performance with aggregates
• Identify aggregates and aggregate tables
• In-memory aggregates
• Use Aggregate Advisor to identify aggregates
• User defined in-memory aggregates
• Optimize In-Memory Aggregates automatically
• Aggregate Advisor recommendations
• Monitor Dynamic Cube performance
• Model aggregates (automatically vs manually)
• Use Slicers to define aggregation partitions7: Define Security
• Overview of Dynamic Cube security
• Identify security filters
• The Security process - Three steps
• Examine security scope
• Identify scope rules
• Identify roles
• Capabilities and access permissions
• Cube security deep dive8: Model a virtual cube
• Explore virtual cubes
• Create the virtual cube
• Explore virtual cube objects
• Examine virtual measures and calculated members
• Currency conversion using virtual cubes
• Security on virtual cubesA: Introduction to IBM Cognos Analytics (Optional)
• Define IBM Cognos Analytics
• Redefined Business Intelligence
• Navigate to content in IBM Cognos Analytics
• Interact with the user interface
• Model data with IBM Cognos Analytics
• IBM Cognos Analytics components
• Create reports
• Perform self-service with analysis and Dashboards
• IBM Cognos Analytics architecture (high level)
• IBM Cognos Analytics security
• Package / data source relationship
• Create Data modules
• Upload files
Self-Paced Training Info
Learn at your own pace with anytime, anywhere training
Course Added To Shopping Cart
Self-Paced Training Terms & Conditions
THIS IS A SELF-PACED VIRTUAL CLASS. AFTER YOU REGISTER, YOU HAVE 365 DAYS TO ACCESS THE COURSE.
This is a Self-Paced virtual class; it is intended for students who do not need the support of a classroom instructor. If you feel you would better benefit from having access to a Subject Matter Expert, please enroll in the Instructor-Led version instead. Minimal technical support is provided to address issues with accessing the platform or problems within the lab environment.
Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Self-Paced Virtual Classes are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Self-Paced Virtual Class, you will be charged the full price.
After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to access your course material and remote labs. A confirmation email will contain your online link, your ID and password, and additional instructions for starting the course.
Upon receipt of the Order Confirmation Letter which includes your Enrollment Key (Access code); the course begins its twelve (12) month access period. IMPORTANT!!! If your course provides access to a hands-on lab (Virtual Lab Environment), you will have a specific number of days (typically 30 days) on the remote lab platform to complete your hands-on labs. Do not start your lab until you are ready to use your lab time effectively. Time allotted in the virtual lab environment will be indicated once you apply the enrollment key. The self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
If the course requires a remote lab system, the lab system access is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are not using the elab system, ensure that you suspend your elab to maximize your hours available to use the elab system. Note: This does not add additional days to your Lab Environment time frame.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Test button to ensure this computer's hardware, software and internet connection works with the SPVC Lab Environment.
Click the Skytap Connectivity Documentation button to read about the hardware, software and internet connection requirements.
Sorry, there are no classes that meet your criteria.Please contact us to schedule a class.
STOP! Before You Leave
Save 0% on this course!
Take advantage of our online-only offer & save 0% on any course !
Promo Code skip0 will be applied to your registration
To view the cart, you can click "View Cart" on the right side of the heading on each page